    this doesnt looks nice. (black and white frames:( )

    whats wrong?
    Daniel
    Daniel Grunow, Jan 13, 2005

  2. Daniel Grunow wrote:
    > hallo,
    > i want to load a frameset on a page whith black coloured background.
    > While the browser(IE6 and FireFox1.0) loads the frames, the frame in
    > which the frameset loads all the stuff, flashes white, as long as the

    > frameset loads.
    > this doesnt looks nice. (black and white frames:( )
    >
    > whats wrong?

    You mean besides the fact you are using frames? White is probalby the
    default background color.

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Jan 13, 2005

  3. Travis Newbury wrote:
    > You mean besides the fact you are using frames? White is probalby the
    > default background color.

    but can i do something to change the default color to black?
    this would be nice.

    Daniel
    Daniel Grunow, Jan 13, 2005
  4. Daniel Grunow

    Richard Guest

    "Daniel Grunow" <> wrote in message
    > hallo,
    >
    > i want to load a frameset on a page whith black coloured background.
    > While the browser(IE6 and FireFox1.0) loads the frames, the frame in
    > which the frameset loads all the stuff, flashes white, as long as the
    > frameset loads.
    > this doesnt looks nice. (black and white frames:( )
    >
    > whats wrong?
    > Daniel

    Naturally. AS there is no conent being displayed.
    The white is the default color of the USERS browser.
    I have my default color as an offwhite, so that's what I see when the page
    is loading.
    Richard, Jan 13, 2005
  5. Daniel Grunow

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Jan 13, 2005
  6. Daniel Grunow

    Mitja Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:43:28 +0100, Daniel Grunow <>
    wrote:

    > but can i do something to change the default color to black?

    No. It's off limits - default color can only be controlled by the user
    (via a "settings" dialog or similar), or, in case of yucky browsers, not
    at all.

    > this would be nice.

    Imagine the following scenario: a page with black frames sets black as the
    default background color in your browser. Then you go and visit a page
    with black text which doesn't explicitly set the bg color, relying on it
    being white (that's the default in most browsers). A page should never do
    that, but in reality it's far from uncommon. Now what you'd get would be
    black text on black background... that wouldn't be exactly nice.

    --
    Mitja
    Mitja, Jan 13, 2005
  7. thank you all, now i am wiser.

    Daniel
    Daniel Grunow, Jan 14, 2005
  8. Mitja wrote:
    > On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:43:28 +0100, Daniel Grunow <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> but can i do something to change the default color to black?

    > No. It's off limits - default color can only be controlled by the user
    > (via a "settings" dialog or similar), or, in case of yucky browsers,
    > not at all.

    The Solution:
    You can set the backgroundColor in the Frameset via css like this:

    <frameset framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0" cols="*,978,*"
    style="background-color:#000000;">

    this is testet in IE6 and Firefox.

    this setting is only temporarely of course.

    Daniel
    Daniel Grunow, Jan 17, 2005
  9. Daniel Grunow

    Mitja Guest

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:46:18 +0100, Daniel Grunow <>
    wrote:

    > You can set the backgroundColor in the Frameset via css
    > this is testet in IE6 and Firefox.

    that's a neat trick, thanks

    --
    Mitja