whitespace character added to html email

nadia

Hi,

I send an email from an asp.net application using the SmtpMail object.
I create and HTML string and send the email in HTML MailFormat.
I see the string in debug mode before the email is sent, and the
string is correct.
But when I receive the email and click on "view source" I see an extra
whitespace + linebreak characters that was added to the html, always
at position #990. In some cases it is added in a place where it
doesn't make a difference and the email looks fine, and in some cases
it 'ruins' the HTML and the email isn't correct. For example if the
whitespace is added into a tag, and "<td>" becomes "<t d>"...
I tried programatically adding whitespaces and linebreak characters to
the HTML string, not inside HTML tags, to try and prevent this, but
nothing helps..

Rob T

Not sure if this is the solution but.

Some email servers break each line apart after 76 characters (mostly for
text based emails). I could be that your's does this. You may want to try
break apart you code with a bunch of vbcrlf's

nadia

Hi Rob,

Thanx for you reply. Unfortunately I don't think this is the case
since the email is HTML based and is broken apart only once after 990
characters. I tried to break the code apart and it didn't help.