Whither Ruby DBI?

Dave Burt

I see that Ruby DBI is still on version 0.10. Is development active?

Yes, development is active. I forget exactly who by, but if you look in
the archives, you can probably find out.
Why does ActiveRecord, for instance, not use DBI? Not only would it
standardize adapters, it would solve a lot of performance issues - such
as http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/67087 and
http://www.voxclandestina.com/ruby/rails/2005-05-24/improving-activerecord-part-1/

Consider ActiveRecord a peer and an alternative to DBI. Perhaps, though,
a more mature DBI could be used in the way you suggest.

Cheers,
Dave