who can crack this?

mielikuvitusjuustokirja

Hi,

I have an old piece of software that is no longer sold or supported by
the company since it went out of business several years ago. they no
longer sell or support it...and i can't find registration keys for it
anywhere. the software is infovox 230 v2.1 and it is out of copyright.
I need someone either to create a key generator program which will
allow me to type or paste in any valid site code, hit generate, and a
valid site key will be generated to register the product. or, if it
would be easier. I need someone to decompile the program, look at the
source code, and modify the software so it bypasses the license manager
all together so registration is not necessary. infovox 230 v2.1 is a
sapi compliant software speech synthesizer which supports or can read
in twelve languages... american and british english, castilian spanish,
danish, dutch, finnish, french, german, icelandic, italian, norwegian,
and swedish. If anyone could help me out with this I am willing to pay
from $50 to $100 by either paypal or money order. if you can help
please email me at (e-mail address removed)

Josh

Kenneth P. Turvey

anal_aviator

bugbear skrev:

Thank you, BugBear, for pointing me to atl.lang.asm.

I haven't written assmbler for years and was happy to have a peak at
the state-of-the-art; and the result: I've never seen so many personal
attacks hurled back-and-forth. Such indescribable rudeness.

I've a new-found appreciation of c.l.j.p.

.ed

actually josh, or what ever name you are using you are a complete tosser.

just entering a google search "infovox 230" , brings up the information, it
also brings up multiple posts by yourself , blatantly asking people to crak
the software.

next time you want to break into someone's house and steal their stuff, try
not placing an advert in the local newspaper, also moron, this is a java
newsgroup, not assembly or craking or warz, so please just **** OFF , some
place else.

Colin Hemmings

They are also talking rubbish on discussion thread. Copyright in the
U.S. and E.U. lasts for the lifetime of the author plus 70 year. After
this the work becomes part of the public domain, and cannot have its
copyright extended.

mielikuvitusjuustokirja

then why didn't the copyright show up in any archives? also if it's
still being supported then why isn't a demo available for people to
download like there was about...6 to 8 years ago? and when i click on
the infovox230 link on the ba-bel website it says page not found. if
the price were lower I'd buy the thing. I know that nextup.com sells a
lot of text-to-speech technology. Hopefully if and when nextup acquires
this product I will be able to buy all twelve languages for perhaps
$220 or something like that. the last I heard ba-bel wanted either $800
or over $1000 for all twelve languages and I don't have that kind of
money. on the other hand nextup sells speech technology at reasonable
prices. that is why I bought lots of text-to-speech from them in the
past and will continue to buy products from them in the future. great
company they are! I'm patiently waiting for them to acquire either the
230 or maybe infovox desktop standard which supports the finnish and
icelandic languages. I think ba-bel wants $150 per language if you buy
infovox desktop from them if I'm not mistaken. on the other hand,
nextup's prices are just right for me. besides... in 50 years I'll be
about 70 years old so then it will probably be out of copyright? so far
it's been proving impossible for me to get anyone to crack the
software. too difficult in fact. nextup has already acquired some of
ba-bel's voices. I just have to wait until they acquire the rest and
then buy them all at a nice low price! i can't wait! that's what i'll
do. or better yet if and/or when nextup-tech acquires infovox desktop
standard whih has the languages i want perhaps they could also offer
infovox230 at half the price, since it is a much lower speech quality
and takes up a lot less memory.

Thomas Weidenfeller

mielikuvitusjuustokirja said:
then why didn't the copyright show up in any archives?

I am not a lawyer, but Copyright is a set of rights which one has. It
doesn't have "to show up in any archives".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright
if
the price were lower I'd buy the thing.

So because it is expensive you want to steal it?

What is your job at Kutztown University? I hope you are not a member of
the faculty. FYI, here is a link to the code of conduct - major
violations of your university:

http://www.kutztown.edu/admin/conduct/codeConduct/majorviolation.shtml

/Thomas

mielikuvitusjuustokirja

if the company nextup acquires the software I want to buy it because
then it will be at an affordable price. I would much rather buy it from
nextup rather than crack it because...well cracking things is too hard
and not really worth the effort...furthermore when nextup acquires it
it'll be affordable like $100 or $200 for the whole thing so then I can
buy it but in my opinion acapela wants way way too much for it. in my
opinion it would be cool if nextup would buy acapela or babeltech
because then in that way or by doing so ... uh, yeah, by doing so they
, could uh, ... --- ----- ---- ---- ---- ---- --- ----- -- --- ---- ---
----~---- - -- ok they could become the main distributor of the program
and , , , , , , , , |||and also make it affordable. I already baught
tons of text-to-speech things from them. I simply would like to add to
my collection --but at an affordable price. well, I s'pose they're on
their way they're or there, because they already have some of acapela's
voices. nah, I'll just wait until they acquire the program I want and
then buy it at a cheap price from them. I chanjed my mind, its nott
worth crakking the softwear. I especially like nextup's beta testing
site because during beta periods you can buy things at a reduced price.
I bought a whole bunch of realspeak voices from their site. but i don't
got all of'em and theres still more i have to buy. but i'll wait to
buy'em. i also baught all the atnt voices from them too. why does
acapela have to charge so much for their voices when nextup sells them
for such a nice cheap affordable price? i wish acapela could be like
nextup. no that wouldn't work maybe because then nextup couldn't be
their distributor. furthermorr icouldn't crack it if i wanted'to cause
i know nothin about programming, couldn't learn if i wanted to. don't
even have the ambition to learn programming, except for maybe html, a
little html here and there to make a simple website. but most'uh'aat i
learnd in middle school, taught myself but now i forget most of it. i
s'pose i could brush up on html again. but what for? ...i was told i
could reformat the computer everymonth if i wanted to use'the'30-days
trial again but i don't ...wouldn't even know where to begin with that.
i read the code of conduct once again and yer right. i shouldn't even
waste my time cracking or trying to crack it. not worth my time or the
trouble it's worth. i'll simply either wait until nextup acquires it,
either that or i' was told that it takes 50 years for things to go out
of copyright. that's if the person told me right. so in 50 years i'll
be nearly 70----75 years old.yes that'd be right so i'd imagine by then
the software would be ancient. i could buy myself a cheap computer,
keep it around for 50 some years, and then attempt to get ahold of the
software. i wonder how much project gutenberg will be updated in 50
years? though i'd imagine in 50 years microsoft will have some kind of
compatibility mode so you can run old things on a new machine. maybe
that's it maybe the program's just not quite old enough yet? kind of
like vegetables, if you let them sit out long enough and not store them
propperly they go bad so it could be the same with software except it
doesn't go bad nobody wants it anymore. ok bad ananalogy.the point
however is that i'm not going to crack it and , have deleted all
attempts to do so from my hard drive. i'll simply either 1. wait until
nextup acquires it or 2. let it sit around for 50 some years until it's
so old and seemingly useless to anyone that it'll be perfectly safe to
do with it what i wish. provided i live that long of course. all kinds
of things could happen, accidents and such. well, no, not going to even
try and asking people to help me crack it anymore. not worth it. and
just to be sure i'm going to review that student code of conduct again
for sure! sorry i caused any problems on the newsgroup.

mielikuvitusjuustokirja

mielikuvitusjuustokirja

Hi,

I typed in infovox 230 into google. and it shows up that acapela-group
or babeltech sells it. but then when you click on the link for that
website to go and either buy it or download an evaluation copy. you're
taken to a website...i searched the site and there's no mention of
infovox 230 even though google says there is. why does it seem like
babeltech doesn't sell infovox 230 anymore? why does it seem like they
only sell infovox desktop? and there's a huge difference between
infovox 230 and infovox desktop. infovox 230 and 220 have all languages
in one file. and the whole thing is only 5mb in size. on the other hand
infovox desktop 2.1 standard takes up at least 25 to 50mb per voice.
and if you want the pro version (i'm gunna buy some of their pro voices
from nextup.com in future) yes the pro voices take up, oh 150 to 200mb
in size. let's see, infovox 230/220 is for windows 3.1 and 95 and it
also works with nt. infovox 220/230 sounds like a robot like
text-to-speech from the 1980s or from like text-to-speech made between
1990 and 1993. infovox desktop standard sounds more humanlike while
infovox desktop pro version 2.1 sounds very human and in fact human
voices are used. now. what i want to buy, is this. since there is a
difference between infovox desktop standard, pro, and 230/220. I am
looking to buy a piece of software that is made for windows 3.1/95.
that is infovox 220/230. that is the one that sounds like a robot and
not human. that's what i want to buy. i want to buy the most oldest
outdated version of infovox that they have. windows95 as of now and
most definitely windows3.1 is very outdated. let me ask you something.
what would you say if I'd ask you. I want to buy windows version 3.11
for workgroups and I want to buy MS-DOS version 6.2 that was made back
in 1988. and you ask me why? and I say to you. I want to buy them
because I like them better than windows xp. well this is what i want
with infovox 220/230. I want to buy an old program that comes on five
floppy disks. not on cd, on floppy disks, and sounds like a robot. why?
because I like old computer software. that's why. and by all means
infovox 220 and 230 both being essentially the same program and being
quite old should be cheaper than infovox desktop standard and pro, by
the way, which are also v2.1. now remember that the infovox 230 is 5mb,
comes on four or five floppy disks or should anyway, and sounds
robotic. also, while I'm at it, I might as well get microsoft word for
windows 3.1 as well since I like old technology. since i like to
collect old technology and stick it on my computer. When nextup makes
infovox desktop standard available, I'll buy that from them. but in the
meantime, i want to buy the infovox 220/230 which is for windows 3.1
through 95. if you can point me to someone who sells infovox 220/230
preferably 230 for a cheap price like nextup? that'd be great! I want
to buy all twelve languages for no more than $200 at the most. remember
this software has been written for windows3.1 and 95. they just added
an nt component to make it compatible with windows nt. infovox desktop
won't even run under windows 3.1.

josh

Thomas Weidenfeller

Todd said:
google infovox you lazy sack-o-shit

Google won't help him. He wants to steal the software, and is just
making up excused why he thinks he must.

/Thomas

Jean-Michel Reghem

Hello Josh ...

I'm really happy to see that you want absolutly buy our software :)
If you want a license of infovox 230 or infovox desktop, it is really
easy
--> go to http://www.acapela-group.com/corporate/contact_form.asp and
ask for it ...
Or even, contact a distributor in your country:
http://www.acapela-group.com/corporate/distributors.asp

it is really easy ...

You want a demo?
Try our voice online at http://demo.acapela-group.com or download an
evaluation version of infovox desktop here:
http://www.acapela-group.com/demos/desktop.asp

Thank you very much for all the publicity of our software on all these
newsgroups ...

Jean-Michel Reghem, from Acapela Group

Roedy Green

infovox 230 v2.1 and it is out of copyright.

Copyrights are valid a very long time. So strictly speaking what you
are doing is illegal. If the company no longer exist, there is no one
though to sue you.

Roedy Green

You want a demo?
Try our voice online at http://demo.acapela-group.com or download an
evaluation version of infovox desktop here:
http://www.acapela-group.com/demos/desktop.asp

the quality is astoundingly good. I did not realize such realism was
possible.

Look out 800 number phone sex.

The demo itself is very slow and failed several times. A gather they
synthesize you a sound file and send it. That is pretty inefficient
compared with local generation of the sound.

for future reference see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jsapi.html
Acapela.

Roedy Green

Look out 800 number phone sex.

oops, I meant 900-number. I supposed It could get cheap enough, phone
sex could use 800 numbers with product placement ads, "Excuse for a
moment stud, I need to go get myself a Nescafe delicious International
coffee. I'll get some whipped cream and ...."