    from $50 to $100 by either paypal or money order. if you can help
    please email me at

    Josh
    mielikuvitusjuustokirja, Feb 21, 2006

  2. mielikuvitusjuustokirja

    bugbear Guest

    mielikuvitusjuustokirja wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an old piece of software that is no longer sold or supported by
    > the company since it went out of business several years ago. they no
    > longer sell or support it...and i can't find registration keys for it
    > anywhere. the software is infovox 230 v2.1 and it is out of copyright.

    Perhaps this will help?

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt....342fc/18a581c59a0b2b00?hl=en#18a581c59a0b2b00

    BugBear
    bugbear, Feb 21, 2006

    Kenneth P. Turvey, Feb 21, 2006
  4. mielikuvitusjuustokirja

    Ed Guest

    bugbear skrev:

    > Perhaps this will help?
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/alt....342fc/18a581c59a0b2b00?hl=en#18a581c59a0b2b00
    >
    > BugBear

    Thank you, BugBear, for pointing me to atl.lang.asm.

    I haven't written assmbler for years and was happy to have a peak at
    the state-of-the-art; and the result: I've never seen so many personal
    attacks hurled back-and-forth. Such indescribable rudeness.

    I've a new-found appreciation of c.l.j.p.

    ..ed

    Ed, Feb 21, 2006
  5. mielikuvitusjuustokirja

    anal_aviator Guest

    On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:29:22 +0800, Ed wrote
    (in article <>):

    > bugbear skrev:
    >

    >> Perhaps this will help?
    >>
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.lang.asm/browse_frm/thread/9603c221d43342
    >> fc/18a581c59a0b2b00?hl=en#18a581c59a0b2b00
    >>
    >> BugBear

    > Thank you, BugBear, for pointing me to atl.lang.asm.
    >
    > I haven't written assmbler for years and was happy to have a peak at
    > the state-of-the-art; and the result: I've never seen so many personal
    > attacks hurled back-and-forth. Such indescribable rudeness.
    >
    > I've a new-found appreciation of c.l.j.p.
    >
    > .ed
    >
    > --
    > www.EdmundKirwan.com - Home of The Fractal Class Composition.

    actually josh, or what ever name you are using you are a complete tosser.

    just entering a google search "infovox 230" , brings up the information, it
    also brings up multiple posts by yourself , blatantly asking people to crak
    the software.

    next time you want to break into someone's house and steal their stuff, try
    not placing an advert in the local newspaper, also moron, this is a java
    newsgroup, not assembly or craking or warz, so please just **** OFF , some
    place else.
    anal_aviator, Feb 21, 2006
  6. They are also talking rubbish on discussion thread. Copyright in the
    U.S. and E.U. lasts for the lifetime of the author plus 70 year. After
    this the work becomes part of the public domain, and cannot have its
    copyright extended.

    Colin Hemmings, Feb 21, 2006
  7. then why didn't the copyright show up in any archives? also if it's
    still being supported then why isn't a demo available for people to
    download like there was about...6 to 8 years ago? and when i click on
    the infovox230 link on the ba-bel website it says page not found. if
    the price were lower I'd buy the thing. I know that nextup.com sells a
    lot of text-to-speech technology. Hopefully if and when nextup acquires
    this product I will be able to buy all twelve languages for perhaps
    $220 or something like that. the last I heard ba-bel wanted either $800
    or over $1000 for all twelve languages and I don't have that kind of
    money. on the other hand nextup sells speech technology at reasonable
    prices. that is why I bought lots of text-to-speech from them in the
    past and will continue to buy products from them in the future. great
    company they are! I'm patiently waiting for them to acquire either the
    230 or maybe infovox desktop standard which supports the finnish and
    icelandic languages. I think ba-bel wants $150 per language if you buy
    infovox desktop from them if I'm not mistaken. on the other hand,
    nextup's prices are just right for me. besides... in 50 years I'll be
    about 70 years old so then it will probably be out of copyright? so far
    it's been proving impossible for me to get anyone to crack the
    software. too difficult in fact. nextup has already acquired some of
    ba-bel's voices. I just have to wait until they acquire the rest and
    then buy them all at a nice low price! i can't wait! that's what i'll
    do. or better yet if and/or when nextup-tech acquires infovox desktop
    standard whih has the languages i want perhaps they could also offer
    infovox230 at half the price, since it is a much lower speech quality
    and takes up a lot less memory.

    mielikuvitusjuustokirja, Feb 21, 2006
  8. mielikuvitusjuustokirja wrote:
    > then why didn't the copyright show up in any archives?

    I am not a lawyer, but Copyright is a set of rights which one has. It
    doesn't have "to show up in any archives".

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

    > if
    > the price were lower I'd buy the thing.

    So because it is expensive you want to steal it?

    What is your job at Kutztown University? I hope you are not a member of
    the faculty. FYI, here is a link to the code of conduct - major
    violations of your university:

    http://www.kutztown.edu/admin/conduct/codeConduct/majorviolation.shtml

    /Thomas
    Thomas Weidenfeller, Feb 22, 2006
  9. if the company nextup acquires the software I want to buy it because
    then it will be at an affordable price. I would much rather buy it from
    nextup rather than crack it because...well cracking things is too hard
    and not really worth the effort...furthermore when nextup acquires it
    it'll be affordable like $100 or $200 for the whole thing so then I can
    buy it but in my opinion acapela wants way way too much for it. in my
    opinion it would be cool if nextup would buy acapela or babeltech
    because then in that way or by doing so ... uh, yeah, by doing so they
    , could uh, ... --- ----- ---- ---- ---- ---- --- ----- -- --- ---- ---
    ----~---- - -- ok they could become the main distributor of the program
    and , , , , , , , , |||and also make it affordable. I already baught
    tons of text-to-speech things from them. I simply would like to add to
    my collection --but at an affordable price. well, I s'pose they're on
    their way they're or there, because they already have some of acapela's
    voices. nah, I'll just wait until they acquire the program I want and
    then buy it at a cheap price from them. I chanjed my mind, its nott
    worth crakking the softwear. I especially like nextup's beta testing
    site because during beta periods you can buy things at a reduced price.
    I bought a whole bunch of realspeak voices from their site. but i don't
    got all of'em and theres still more i have to buy. but i'll wait to
    buy'em. i also baught all the atnt voices from them too. why does
    acapela have to charge so much for their voices when nextup sells them
    for such a nice cheap affordable price? i wish acapela could be like
    nextup. no that wouldn't work maybe because then nextup couldn't be
    their distributor. furthermorr icouldn't crack it if i wanted'to cause
    i know nothin about programming, couldn't learn if i wanted to. don't
    even have the ambition to learn programming, except for maybe html, a
    little html here and there to make a simple website. but most'uh'aat i
    learnd in middle school, taught myself but now i forget most of it. i
    s'pose i could brush up on html again. but what for? ...i was told i
    could reformat the computer everymonth if i wanted to use'the'30-days
    trial again but i don't ...wouldn't even know where to begin with that.
    i read the code of conduct once again and yer right. i shouldn't even
    waste my time cracking or trying to crack it. not worth my time or the
    trouble it's worth. i'll simply either wait until nextup acquires it,
    either that or i' was told that it takes 50 years for things to go out
    of copyright. that's if the person told me right. so in 50 years i'll
    be nearly 70----75 years old.yes that'd be right so i'd imagine by then
    the software would be ancient. i could buy myself a cheap computer,
    keep it around for 50 some years, and then attempt to get ahold of the
    software. i wonder how much project gutenberg will be updated in 50
    years? though i'd imagine in 50 years microsoft will have some kind of
    compatibility mode so you can run old things on a new machine. maybe
    that's it maybe the program's just not quite old enough yet? kind of
    like vegetables, if you let them sit out long enough and not store them
    propperly they go bad so it could be the same with software except it
    doesn't go bad nobody wants it anymore. ok bad ananalogy.the point
    however is that i'm not going to crack it and , have deleted all
    attempts to do so from my hard drive. i'll simply either 1. wait until
    nextup acquires it or 2. let it sit around for 50 some years until it's
    so old and seemingly useless to anyone that it'll be perfectly safe to
    do with it what i wish. provided i live that long of course. all kinds
    of things could happen, accidents and such. well, no, not going to even
    try and asking people to help me crack it anymore. not worth it. and
    just to be sure i'm going to review that student code of conduct again
    for sure! sorry i caused any problems on the newsgroup.

    mielikuvitusjuustokirja, Feb 22, 2006
  10. if the company nextup acquires the software I want to buy it because

    mielikuvitusjuustokirja, Feb 22, 2006

    mielikuvitusjuustokirja, Feb 22, 2006
  12. infovox 230

    Hi,

    I typed in infovox 230 into google. and it shows up that acapela-group
    or babeltech sells it. but then when you click on the link for that
    website to go and either buy it or download an evaluation copy. you're
    taken to a website...i searched the site and there's no mention of
    infovox 230 even though google says there is. why does it seem like
    babeltech doesn't sell infovox 230 anymore? why does it seem like they
    only sell infovox desktop? and there's a huge difference between
    infovox 230 and infovox desktop. infovox 230 and 220 have all languages
    in one file. and the whole thing is only 5mb in size. on the other hand
    infovox desktop 2.1 standard takes up at least 25 to 50mb per voice.
    and if you want the pro version (i'm gunna buy some of their pro voices
    from nextup.com in future) yes the pro voices take up, oh 150 to 200mb
    in size. let's see, infovox 230/220 is for windows 3.1 and 95 and it
    also works with nt. infovox 220/230 sounds like a robot like
    text-to-speech from the 1980s or from like text-to-speech made between
    1990 and 1993. infovox desktop standard sounds more humanlike while
    infovox desktop pro version 2.1 sounds very human and in fact human
    voices are used. now. what i want to buy, is this. since there is a
    difference between infovox desktop standard, pro, and 230/220. I am
    looking to buy a piece of software that is made for windows 3.1/95.
    that is infovox 220/230. that is the one that sounds like a robot and
    not human. that's what i want to buy. i want to buy the most oldest
    outdated version of infovox that they have. windows95 as of now and
    most definitely windows3.1 is very outdated. let me ask you something.
    what would you say if I'd ask you. I want to buy windows version 3.11
    for workgroups and I want to buy MS-DOS version 6.2 that was made back
    in 1988. and you ask me why? and I say to you. I want to buy them
    because I like them better than windows xp. well this is what i want
    with infovox 220/230. I want to buy an old program that comes on five
    floppy disks. not on cd, on floppy disks, and sounds like a robot. why?
    because I like old computer software. that's why. and by all means
    infovox 220 and 230 both being essentially the same program and being
    quite old should be cheaper than infovox desktop standard and pro, by
    the way, which are also v2.1. now remember that the infovox 230 is 5mb,
    comes on four or five floppy disks or should anyway, and sounds
    robotic. also, while I'm at it, I might as well get microsoft word for
    windows 3.1 as well since I like old technology. since i like to
    collect old technology and stick it on my computer. When nextup makes
    infovox desktop standard available, I'll buy that from them. but in the
    meantime, i want to buy the infovox 220/230 which is for windows 3.1
    through 95. if you can point me to someone who sells infovox 220/230
    preferably 230 for a cheap price like nextup? that'd be great! I want
    to buy all twelve languages for no more than $200 at the most. remember
    this software has been written for windows3.1 and 95. they just added
    an nt component to make it compatible with windows nt. infovox desktop
    won't even run under windows 3.1.

    josh
    mielikuvitusjuustokirja, Feb 22, 2006
  13. mielikuvitusjuustokirja

    Todd Guest

    google infovox you lazy sack-o-shit

    http://www.acapela-group.com/

    http://www.acapela-group.com/demos/desktop.asp

    Todd, Feb 22, 2006
  14. Thomas Weidenfeller, Feb 23, 2006
  15. Hello Josh ...

    I'm really happy to see that you want absolutly buy our software :)
    If you want a license of infovox 230 or infovox desktop, it is really
    easy
    --> go to http://www.acapela-group.com/corporate/contact_form.asp and
    ask for it ...
    Or even, contact a distributor in your country:
    http://www.acapela-group.com/corporate/distributors.asp

    it is really easy ...

    You want a demo?
    Try our voice online at http://demo.acapela-group.com or download an
    evaluation version of infovox desktop here:
    http://www.acapela-group.com/demos/desktop.asp

    Thank you very much for all the publicity of our software on all these
    newsgroups ...

    Jean-Michel Reghem, from Acapela Group
    Jean-Michel Reghem, Feb 23, 2006
  16. mielikuvitusjuustokirja

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 20 Feb 2006 21:40:33 -0800, "mielikuvitusjuustokirja"
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    > infovox 230 v2.1 and it is out of copyright.

    Copyrights are valid a very long time. So strictly speaking what you
    are doing is illegal. If the company no longer exist, there is no one
    though to sue you.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Feb 23, 2006
  17. mielikuvitusjuustokirja

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 23 Feb 2006 00:13:47 -0800, "Jean-Michel Reghem"
    someone who said :

    >You want a demo?
    >Try our voice online at http://demo.acapela-group.com or download an
    >evaluation version of infovox desktop here:
    >http://www.acapela-group.com/demos/desktop.asp

    the quality is astoundingly good. I did not realize such realism was
    possible.

    Look out 800 number phone sex.

    The demo itself is very slow and failed several times. A gather they
    synthesize you a sound file and send it. That is pretty inefficient
    compared with local generation of the sound.

    for future reference see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jsapi.html
    Acapela.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Feb 23, 2006
  18. mielikuvitusjuustokirja

    Roedy Green Guest

    Re: infovox 230

    On 22 Feb 2006 11:53:24 -0800, "mielikuvitusjuustokirja"
    someone who said :

    >I typed in infovox 230 into google.

    If you can't get what you want, look for other JSAPI vendors.

    Roedy Green, Feb 23, 2006
  19. mielikuvitusjuustokirja

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:10:47 GMT, Roedy Green
    <> wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >Look out 800 number phone sex.

    oops, I meant 900-number. I supposed It could get cheap enough, phone
    sex could use 800 numbers with product placement ads, "Excuse for a
    moment stud, I need to go get myself a Nescafe delicious International
    coffee. I'll get some whipped cream and ...."
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Feb 23, 2006