Who can help me with a search script?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Robert, Aug 18, 2005.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    Hello,

    I'm trying to build a website, with profiles of different people.
    But if it al more than 1000 people, i want to search for profiles, to keap
    it
    easy.

    BUT I Don't know how to build one..

    It goes about this script:

    <form
    action="Profielen.asp?ACTION=SEARCHT&txtNickname=<%=request("txtNickname")%>&txtNaam=<%=request("txtNaam")%>">
    <%
    Call PrintTextBox(150,200,"white","Naam:","txtNaam",sNaam,30,50)
    Call
    PrintTextBox(150,200,"white","Nickname:","txtNickname",sNickname,30,50)
    %>
    <input class="Button" type="submit" value="Zoeken" id=submit
    name=submit>
    </form>

    the fields where he must search in are:
    ProNickname And
    ProNaam

    They al stand in the database:
    tblProfielen

    This is the script, where he must show, the thinks where you're
    searching for:
    <% set rst = cnn.execute("SELECT * FROM tblProfielen WHERE ProNickname = " &
    request("txtNickname") & " OR ProNaam = " & request("txtNaam"))%>

    What must happen is this:
    If somebody, enters a Nickname, he must show ALL profiles that are the same
    as That nickname, or who ar almost the same.
    This must happend to with the Naam..

    What i have made, does'nt work, is there anybody, who kan help me to let it
    work?
    Robert, Aug 18, 2005

  2. <form action="Profielen.asp>

    Google for LIKE and SOUNDEX