    to and they test and send results?

    thank you
    Amy

    acraver, Nov 15, 2005

  2. acraver

    Evertjan. Guest

    acraver wrote on 15 nov 2005 in comp.lang.javascript:
    > We are a small publisher provide "code snippets" of JavaScript to
    > churches who can plug them in and they work.
    >
    > We do not have the resources to test these in various browsers - does
    > anyone know of an online tool or company who you can submit the scripts
    > to and they test and send results?

    If "they work" what is the use of testing them?

    In other words, I think the maker should test them because he is the only
    one that knows what is expected of his code.

    And secondary, inserting code gives it's own bugs,
    in the hands of the inexperients.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Nov 15, 2005

  3. acraver wrote:

    > We are a small publisher provide "code snippets" of JavaScript to
    > churches who can plug them in and they work.

    ^^^^^^^^^
    How come I seriously doubt that?

    > We do not have the resources to test these in various browsers -

    Your harddisk is too small?
    You do not have enough RAM?

    Whatever the reason, neither money nor manpower can be one. Every
    school kid can set up different browsers which are available for free
    and do basic testing there. Especially a (commercial) JavaScript
    developer should be able to or they are simply in the wrong business.

    > does anyone know of an online tool [...] who you can submit the
    > scripts to and they test and send results?

    There cannot be one since your "code snippets" will depend on the
    host environment, something that only can be tested client-side.

    As for your question about a company, I don't know one, and I doubt
    you could afford their QA if you cannot even afford to invest the
    time in learning what you are trying to do business with.

    I also wonder what your scripts look like are if they really need
    testing in "various browsers". Watching for implementation bugs in
    the big ones and stick to standards compliant coding for the rest
    is usually sufficient.

    This group deals with programming JavaScript. Why do you not post
    some of your snippets (if short), so experienced people here can
    evaluate them?

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 15, 2005