    what are these two kinds mean in UML

    thanks you
    ^_^

    jtl.zheng, Jul 21, 2006

  2. jtl.zheng

    IchBin Guest

    jtl.zheng wrote:
    > the arrow is just like "------->"
    >
    > and it has two kinds: the dotted line and the straight line
    > what are these two kinds mean in UML
    >
    > thanks you
    > ^_^

    On which UML Diagram?

    Thanks in Advance...

    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

    IchBin, Jul 21, 2006

  3. jtl.zheng

    new Guest

    IchBin wrote:
    > jtl.zheng wrote:
    > > the arrow is just like "------->"
    > >
    > > and it has two kinds: the dotted line and the straight line
    > > what are these two kinds mean in UML

    Which UML diagram? Class or state or ?

    new, Jul 21, 2006
  4. jtl.zheng

    Bjorn Abelli Guest

    "jtl.zheng" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > the arrow is just like "------->"
    >
    > and it has two kinds: the dotted line and the straight
    > line what are these two kinds mean in UML

    There are a *lot* of straight and dotted lined arrows in UML, so it's a bit
    difficult to answer it in short, e.g. with full triangle heads, the straight
    lines mean "inheritance" (extends), while the dotted ones mean
    "implementation" (implements).

    Otherwise in a static chart diagram the straight lined arrow can mean
    "uni-directional association", while the dotted line means "dependency". A
    small example:

    class A {}

    class B
    {
    // uni-directional association
    A a;
    }

    class C
    {
    // dependency, but no association
    void method(A a) {...}
    }

    C ----> A (dotted line)
    B ----> A (but with a straight line)

    In a sequence diagram, the straight lined arrow means a message (method
    call), while the dotted arrow is where the method returns to the caller.

    Here's a summarized reference card:
    http://tnerual.eriogerg.free.fr/umlqrc.pdf

    Here you can find the complete UML specification:
    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/rational/uml/resources/documentation.html

    /// Bjorn A

    Bjorn Abelli, Jul 21, 2006
  5. jtl.zheng

    jtl.zheng Guest

    to IchBin and new :
    sorry....I means Class Diagram
    but I get it now, thank you all the same

    to Bjorn Abelli:
    thank you very much for your answer and your references
    I get it now...^_^

    jtl.zheng, Jul 21, 2006