Who is the moderator for this group?

amanda.recruiter

I am looking to hire a Java Developer (full-time in Austin or San
Antonio) and would like to post the job description on this forum in
case anyone on here is interested or might be willing to pass this to
his/her network. I have learned that not all Google Groups accept job
postings so I want to make sure I get permission first before
submitting my posting. Can the moderator of this group please email me
and let me know if this is ok?

Thanks in advance!
(e-mail address removed)

Owen Jacobson

I am looking to hire a Java Developer (full-time in Austin or San
Antonio) and would like to post the job description on this forum in
case anyone on here is interested or might be willing to pass this to
his/her network. I have learned that not all Google Groups accept job
postings so I want to make sure I get permission first before
submitting my posting. Can the moderator of this group please email me
and let me know if this is ok?

Thanks in advance!
(e-mail address removed)

This is not a google group. This is a usenet group that google
provides access to (along with many, many non-google ISPs and news
services). The group comp.lang.java.programmer is unmoderated; job
postings are on the whole tolerated (barely) in small quantities but
seem to go ignored.

Mark Space

I am looking to hire a Java Developer (full-time in Austin or San
Antonio) and would like to post the job description on this forum in
case anyone on here is interested or might be willing to pass this to
his/her network. I have learned that not all Google Groups accept job
postings so I want to make sure I get permission first before
submitting my posting. Can the moderator of this group please email me
and let me know if this is ok?

Thanks in advance!
(e-mail address removed)

I'm pretty sure this group is 100% unmoderated. Although I haven't read
through the FAQ recently.

Advertising and such are generally not permitted, but we get plenty of
job adverts anyway. I don't mind them, as long as they are actual jobs
and not scams for someone's fly-by-night Web 2.0 dumb idea. A few
people feel differently, but you're not likely to get more than one
person replying with a tired "go away we don't want you here,"
self-important response, although I don't speak for the whole group.

I would just go ahead and post a simple job listing. Try not to bore us
with too much HR boilerplate. And if you have more than listing, please
put them in one post, dont' spam-up the group with multiple posts.
Please post no more than once a week, and once every two weeks or less
would be even better. Please post a URL where we can check your job
listings ourselves. That way job seekers who might be interested in
working for you can bookmark the URL and check it themselves periodically.