    and let me know if this is ok?

    Thanks in advance!
    , Jan 23, 2008

  2. On Jan 23, 11:56 am, ""
    <> wrote:
    > I am looking to hire a Java Developer (full-time in Austin or San
    > Antonio) and would like to post the job description on this forum in
    > case anyone on here is interested or might be willing to pass this to
    > his/her network. I have learned that not all Google Groups accept job
    > postings so I want to make sure I get permission first before
    > submitting my posting. Can the moderator of this group please email me
    > and let me know if this is ok?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    This is not a google group. This is a usenet group that google
    provides access to (along with many, many non-google ISPs and news
    services). The group comp.lang.java.programmer is unmoderated; job
    postings are on the whole tolerated (barely) in small quantities but
    seem to go ignored.
    Owen Jacobson, Jan 23, 2008

  3. Mark Space Guest

    wrote:
    > I am looking to hire a Java Developer (full-time in Austin or San
    > Antonio) and would like to post the job description on this forum in
    > case anyone on here is interested or might be willing to pass this to
    > his/her network. I have learned that not all Google Groups accept job
    > postings so I want to make sure I get permission first before
    > submitting my posting. Can the moderator of this group please email me
    > and let me know if this is ok?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    I'm pretty sure this group is 100% unmoderated. Although I haven't read
    through the FAQ recently.

    Advertising and such are generally not permitted, but we get plenty of
    job adverts anyway. I don't mind them, as long as they are actual jobs
    and not scams for someone's fly-by-night Web 2.0 dumb idea. A few
    people feel differently, but you're not likely to get more than one
    person replying with a tired "go away we don't want you here,"
    self-important response, although I don't speak for the whole group.

    I would just go ahead and post a simple job listing. Try not to bore us
    with too much HR boilerplate. And if you have more than listing, please
    put them in one post, dont' spam-up the group with multiple posts.
    Please post no more than once a week, and once every two weeks or less
    would be even better. Please post a URL where we can check your job
    listings ourselves. That way job seekers who might be interested in
    working for you can bookmark the URL and check it themselves periodically.
    Mark Space, Jan 23, 2008