Who is using DBI or oci8 in production systems

Ben Edwards

I am doing a bit of research on accessing Oracle from Ruby. It seems
oc8i, either used on its own or through DBI, is the way to go. These
protects are both in beta and DBI seems to be fairly inactive. So my
question is are they ready for production systems and who is using
them for production?

Regards,
Ben

khaines

I am doing a bit of research on accessing Oracle from Ruby. It seems
oc8i, either used on its own or through DBI, is the way to go. These
protects are both in beta and DBI seems to be fairly inactive. So my
question is are they ready for production systems and who is using
them for production?

OK.

I am using DBI in many production systems and have been for a long time
(several years). It is fairly inactive, but if a major bug is found with
it, I or one of the other maintainers will fix it.

That said, I have opened a DBI2 project a few days ago and am preparing to
get that underway (not to everyone who expressed interest in helping with
this -- I'll get in touch with all of you next week; I'm closing on a
house today). The aim of DBI2 is to have a dbi interface for Ruby which
is faster, leaner, and has a ruby styling instead of being a copy of the
Perl API.

Kirk Haines