Who knows more information about the next ISO C standard "C1x" ?

santosh

Royt said:
Have a look at this site:
http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2007/11/05/iso-c-standard-update.aspx

C is a mature language used everywhere, it doesn't belong to any
commercial company, should it be updated frequently? C99 is not widely
adopted till now, what's about the future of "C1x". And who knows more
about the new generation standard...

Interesting that WG14 is trying to standardise widely used extensions
and has recognised that "Committee inventions" are likely to fail, as
they did in C99. Support for concurrency would top my list for useful
additions to C. And also perhaps references.

llothar

Interesting that WG14 is trying to standardise widely used extensions
and has recognised that "Committee inventions" are likely to fail, as
they did in C99. Support for concurrency would top my list for useful
additions to C. And also perhaps references.

I would like to see the gcc extension to build manual "goto" jump
tables.
But as the last posting in the thread says: C99 was a standard 9 years
ago.
What conclusion do we draw? C is considered dead by some companies.