Who knows more information about the next ISO C standard "C1x" ?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Royt, Mar 16, 2008.

  1. Royt

    Royt Guest

    Royt, Mar 16, 2008

  2. Royt

    santosh Guest

    Royt wrote:

    > Have a look at this site:
    >http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2007/11/05/iso-c-standard-update.aspx
    >
    > C is a mature language used everywhere, it doesn't belong to any
    > commercial company, should it be updated frequently? C99 is not widely
    > adopted till now, what's about the future of "C1x". And who knows more
    > about the new generation standard...

    Interesting that WG14 is trying to standardise widely used extensions
    and has recognised that "Committee inventions" are likely to fail, as
    they did in C99. Support for concurrency would top my list for useful
    additions to C. And also perhaps references.

    santosh, Mar 16, 2008

  3. Royt

    llothar Guest

    On 16 Mrz., 17:28, santosh <> wrote:

    > Interesting that WG14 is trying to standardise widely used extensions
    > and has recognised that "Committee inventions" are likely to fail, as
    > they did in C99. Support for concurrency would top my list for useful
    > additions to C. And also perhaps references.

    I would like to see the gcc extension to build manual "goto" jump
    tables.
    But as the last posting in the thread says: C99 was a standard 9 years
    ago.
    What conclusion do we draw? C is considered dead by some companies.

    llothar, Mar 16, 2008