Who Knows the CreateUserWizard Control?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by clintonG, May 26, 2006.

  1. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    clintonG, May 26, 2006

  2. In the propeties for the wizard there is a NavigationButtonStyle that can be
    used to modify the sytle of navigation buttons. I haven't used this feature
    but I would expect it would apply to ALL navigation buttons in the wizard.
    If that is not what you want there is a CustomNavigationTemplate that may
    offer more control over styles in wizard navigation.

    Hope this helps.

    Good luck,
    Eagle

    =?Utf-8?B?RWFnbGVSZWRASGlnaEZseWluZ0JpcmRzLmNvbQ==, May 26, 2006

  3. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    Finally figured out how to use the CustomNavigationTemplate successfully.
    Depending on context, the examples in documentation are slim to none for
    this control. Thanks for your comments...

    <%= Clinton

    clintonG, May 27, 2006
  4. I would be interested in any comments you'd have on the
    CustomNavigationTemplate. Is there any particular documentation, slim though
    it is, that might provide guidance.

    Thank you
    Eagle

    =?Utf-8?B?RWFnbGVSZWRASGlnaEZseWluZ0JpcmRzLmNvbQ==, May 27, 2006
  5. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    I scoured documentation and had to piece it together. If I could pass
    anything on it would be to remind that certain values such as Button ID and
    CommandName attribute values must be hard-coded using specific values.

    These two documents [1,2] proved esopecially useful. The [1] for letting me
    know which templates to use for which controls and [2] specific to the
    Wizard control declarative syntax.

    With regard to [2] and "declarative syntax" after all this time 2.0 has been
    in beta and released thereafter I'm still looking for declarative syntax
    that documents how to build Skin files. The only solution seems to be
    dragging a control into the designer and read its properties and then typing
    the name of the property one at a time into the Skin file which is a problem
    of course because the properties are no longer displayed as soon as the
    focus is removed from the control.

    <%= Clinton

    [1] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h59db326.aspx
    [2] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms228264.aspx