who used Cassini Web Server?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by R.A.M., Oct 12, 2007.

  1. R.A.M.

    R.A.M. Guest

    Hello,
    I have problem with IIS 5.1 - it ceased to function. So I downloaded and
    installed Cassini Web Server and uninstalled IIS in my Windows XP
    Professional. The problem is that I cannot successfully run Cassini. I
    entered application directory F:\Inetpub\wwwroot, server port 80, virtual
    root / and I pressed Start button. Then message box appers:

    Cassini Managed Web Server failed to start listening on port 80. Possible
    conflict with another Web Server on the same port.

    But I don't have another web server! I uninstalled IIS and I rebooted my
    computer. Trying to enter different directory or port doesn't help - still
    the same error.

    Could you help me please?
    Thanks in advance!
    /RAM/

    PS. By the way: do you know "Unexpected error 0x8ffe2770" in IIS 5.1?
    Reinstalling of IIS doesn't solve the problem...

    R.A.M., Oct 12, 2007

  2. re:
    !> But I don't have another web server! I uninstalled IIS and I rebooted my computer.

    With Task Manager, look for web server instances running ( aspnet_wp.exe ).

    You can specify a different port for Cassini to use, btw, if push comes to shove:

    CassiniWebServer c:\temp\ExampleProject 1234

    That will run Cassini on port 1234.

    Better yet, dump Cassini, which is quite dated, and install Cassiniv2.

    Direct link to the source files:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/dmitryr/attachment/548131.ashx

    You also need the v2.0 version of GACUTIL which is installed
    with VWD Express, VS 2005 and the .Net Framework 2.0 SDK.

    Make sure you read the "ReadMe.txt" file included in the zipped source.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 12, 2007

  3. R.A.M.

    Norman Yuan Guest

    I am not come to say which is better IIS or Cassini.

    If the IIS ceased functioning and you can uninstall it, you certainly can
    reinstall it easily, can't you?

    Norman Yuan, Oct 12, 2007
  4. R.A.M.

    R.A.M. Guest

    Thank you!
    /RAM/

    R.A.M., Oct 13, 2007
  5. R.A.M.

    R.A.M. Guest

    Uzytkownik "Norman Yuan" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    >I am not come to say which is better IIS or Cassini.
    >
    > If the IIS ceased functioning and you can uninstall it, you certainly can
    > reinstall it easily, can't you?

    I did it. But the error I had still occurs.
    /RAM/

    R.A.M., Oct 13, 2007
  6. R.A.M.

    R.A.M. Guest

    In ASP.NET application using Cassini Web Server v2 I cannot access Session
    object. Is it possible that it is the problem with Cassini?
    /RAM/

    R.A.M., Oct 15, 2007
  7. re:
    !> Is it possible that it is the problem with Cassini?

    No, it is not.
    The Session Object works fine in Cassiniv2.

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 15, 2007