WhoIs expiration date/time question

Talc Ta Matt

A WhoIs of a domain I've had an eye on says it expires at 12:00am in a couple
weeks. Does anyone know what time zone this applies to? The registrar, or
ICANN?

Steve R.

Talc Ta Matt wrote in message ...
A WhoIs of a domain I've had an eye on says it expires ....

Just because it expires doesn't mean you can get your hands on it straight away. It may take months,
even years before you can register it :~(

I'm in the same boat waiting for a Domain name to become available, even though it *expired* months
ago. You can pay extra to reserve it if you wish.

Steve.

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Talc Ta Matt said:
A WhoIs of a domain I've had an eye on says it expires at 12:00am in a couple
weeks. Does anyone know what time zone this applies to? The registrar, or
ICANN?

The domain will go into a 'pending delete' mode before you can re-register
it. This 'pending delete' stage could last months...or years, depending on
the registrar. There is no sure fire way to know when it will actually be
released.

--Tina

Augustus

Talc Ta Matt said:
A WhoIs of a domain I've had an eye on says it expires at 12:00am in a couple
weeks. Does anyone know what time zone this applies to? The registrar, or
ICANN?

In reading the other replies in this thread, everybody pretty much hit it
right on in that you never really know when a domain name will become free

The Snapnames.com website has a chart to show you the life cycle of a domain
name... what all it goes through once it enters that "EXPIRED" state to when
it becomes finally free for you to register:

http://www.snapnames.com/deleteprocess.html