    A WhoIs of a domain I've had an eye on says it expires at 12:00am in a couple
    weeks. Does anyone know what time zone this applies to? The registrar, or
    ICANN?

    Talc Ta Matt, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Talc Ta Matt

    Steve R. Guest

    Talc Ta Matt wrote in message ...
    > A WhoIs of a domain I've had an eye on says it expires ....

    Just because it expires doesn't mean you can get your hands on it straight away. It may take months,
    even years before you can register it :~(

    I'm in the same boat waiting for a Domain name to become available, even though it *expired* months
    ago. You can pay extra to reserve it if you wish.

    Steve.

    Steve R., Nov 26, 2003

  3. "Talc Ta Matt" <> wrote in message
    > A WhoIs of a domain I've had an eye on says it expires at 12:00am in a

    couple
    > weeks. Does anyone know what time zone this applies to? The registrar, or
    > ICANN?

    The domain will go into a 'pending delete' mode before you can re-register
    it. This 'pending delete' stage could last months...or years, depending on
    the registrar. There is no sure fire way to know when it will actually be
    released.

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com
    20% Discount Code: newsgroup

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Talc Ta Matt

    Augustus Guest

    > A WhoIs of a domain I've had an eye on says it expires at 12:00am in a

    couple
    > weeks. Does anyone know what time zone this applies to? The registrar, or
    > ICANN?

    In reading the other replies in this thread, everybody pretty much hit it
    right on in that you never really know when a domain name will become free

    The Snapnames.com website has a chart to show you the life cycle of a domain
    name... what all it goes through once it enters that "EXPIRED" state to when
    it becomes finally free for you to register:

    http://www.snapnames.com/deleteprocess.html

    Augustus, Nov 26, 2003