whois gem - looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Simone Carletti, Mar 9, 2011.

  1. Hello,

    I'm the author and the current maintainer of the Ruby Whois Gem.
    https://github.com/weppos/whois

    In the last 3 months I worked very hard to improve the stability,
    readability and quality of the library.

    Ruby Whois 2.0 is almost ready. It contains several new features.
    Here's a list of few http://www.simonecarletti.com/blog/tags/rubywhois/

    I'm feeling quite happy with the result, but I'm sure the library can be
    improved further. If someone has time to give it a look, I would
    really love to receive some feedback and learn from them. Feel free to
    comment about code in general, documentation, architecture...

    The Parsing feature is probably the most complex section of the library.
    If you have any comment or idea to make it better in terms of quality,
    code or performance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

    The source code is available on GitHub.
    https://github.com/weppos/whois

    Thanks in advance.

    Simone Carletti, Mar 9, 2011