Who's laughing at my responses, and who's not?

Dwight Hutto

Been getting slammed by a few for some insignificant things, so who's
laughing at me, and who takes me seriously. I don't claim to be the
best, just trying to help.

So who doesn't want me around?

Dwight Hutto

It sounds pretentious, but over the past several days, I've been
slammed on every post almost. All because of an argument over me not
posting a little context in a conversation, that seemed short and
chatty.

I was just wondering, if it's just them, or if it's my netiquette.

Littlefield, Tyler

It sounds pretentious, but over the past several days, I've been
slammed on every post almost. All because of an argument over me not
posting a little context in a conversation, that seemed short and
chatty.

I was just wondering, if it's just them, or if it's my netiquette.

I think you'd have a leg to stand on here if you didn't start cursing at anyone who got on your wrong side. It wasn't really an issue until you threw that
up. Granted you did take your cursing off list finally, but you still continued (and as of about 2 hours ago) continue to post trash like you did in response
to Alix's message. If you want to argue something, by all means argue. But there's no need to resort to comments like you've made.

-- Take care, Ty http://tds-solutions.net The aspen project: a barebones
light-weight mud engine: http://code.google.com/p/aspenmud He that will
not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares
not reason is a slave.

Terry Reedy

It sounds pretentious, but over the past several days, I've been
slammed on every post almost. All because of an argument over me not
posting a little context in a conversation, that seemed short and
chatty.

I was just wondering, if it's just them, or if it's my netiquette.

A 1000 line post with a one line response is not polite. Context free
posts are disconcerting, but easier to ignore. Keep at least one
sentence of context and cut the potty mouth stuff.

Dwight Hutto

context and cut the potty mouth stuff.
It was meant as a little shop talk, but I forgot there were ladies here as well.

Steven D'Aprano

It sounds pretentious, but over the past several days, I've been slammed
on every post almost.

That's a gross exaggeration.

Over the last few days you have gotten slammed because you mildly broke
etiquette and then, instead of accepting the minor criticism and moving
on, you got into an argument about it, and made what seemed like a
racially motivated joke. Even if it were completely innocent, it didn't
*seem* innocent.

And then you make rude comments about people, sexist comments about there
being "ladies present" (my wife can turn the air blue, and sometimes she
embarrasses me), and you recently accused others of being sock-puppets
without a shred of evidence.

Dwight, or David if you prefer, sometimes you make useful comments and
you can be a welcome, useful member of the Python community, but other
times you display an incoherent, rambling, aggressive style that
indicates that you are posting while high or drunk.

For your own sake, I suggest you stay off the Internet (including email
and usenet) unless sober.

Ramchandra Apte

A 1000 line post with a one line response is not polite. Context free

posts are disconcerting, but easier to ignore. Keep at least one

sentence of context and cut the potty mouth stuff.

+1

Ramchandra Apte

A 1000 line post with a one line response is not polite. Context free

posts are disconcerting, but easier to ignore. Keep at least one

sentence of context and cut the potty mouth stuff.

+1

Wayne Werner

It sounds pretentious, but over the past several days, I've been
slammed on every post almost. All because of an argument over me not
posting a little context in a conversation, that seemed short and
chatty.

Your being slammed has nothing to do with your lack of context, and
everything to do with the fact that the way you responded to it was
through ad hominem attacks, and the fact that most of your responses read
like a transcript from kids I remember in junior high.

It's annoying to most people - the same way pretentious teenage nitwits
annoy most people who are interested in talking about Python code, and not
who did what to who.

-Wayne