    Best Regards,
    David Hutto
    CEO: http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com

    Dwight Hutto, Sep 25, 2012

  2. Dwight Hutto

    Dwight Hutto Guest

    It sounds pretentious, but over the past several days, I've been
    slammed on every post almost. All because of an argument over me not
    posting a little context in a conversation, that seemed short and
    chatty.

    I was just wondering, if it's just them, or if it's my netiquette.

    Dwight Hutto, Sep 25, 2012

  3. On 9/24/2012 10:43 PM, Dwight Hutto wrote:
    > It sounds pretentious, but over the past several days, I've been
    > slammed on every post almost. All because of an argument over me not
    > posting a little context in a conversation, that seemed short and
    > chatty.
    >
    > I was just wondering, if it's just them, or if it's my netiquette.
    >
    > I think you'd have a leg to stand on here if you didn't start cursing at anyone who got on your wrong side. It wasn't really an issue until you threw that
    > up. Granted you did take your cursing off list finally, but you still continued (and as of about 2 hours ago) continue to post trash like you did in response
    > to Alix's message. If you want to argue something, by all means argue. But there's no need to resort to comments like you've made.

    -- Take care, Ty http://tds-solutions.net The aspen project: a barebones
    light-weight mud engine: http://code.google.com/p/aspenmud He that will
    not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares
    not reason is a slave.

    Littlefield, Tyler, Sep 25, 2012
  4. Dwight Hutto

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 9/25/2012 12:43 AM, Dwight Hutto wrote:
    > It sounds pretentious, but over the past several days, I've been
    > slammed on every post almost. All because of an argument over me not
    > posting a little context in a conversation, that seemed short and
    > chatty.
    >
    > I was just wondering, if it's just them, or if it's my netiquette.

    A 1000 line post with a one line response is not polite. Context free
    posts are disconcerting, but easier to ignore. Keep at least one
    sentence of context and cut the potty mouth stuff.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Sep 25, 2012
  5. Dwight Hutto

    Dwight Hutto Guest

    > context and cut the potty mouth stuff.
    It was meant as a little shop talk, but I forgot there were ladies here as well.

    Dwight Hutto, Sep 25, 2012
  6. On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 00:43:18 -0400, Dwight Hutto wrote:

    > It sounds pretentious, but over the past several days, I've been slammed
    > on every post almost.

    That's a gross exaggeration.

    Over the last few days you have gotten slammed because you mildly broke
    etiquette and then, instead of accepting the minor criticism and moving
    on, you got into an argument about it, and made what seemed like a
    racially motivated joke. Even if it were completely innocent, it didn't
    *seem* innocent.

    And then you make rude comments about people, sexist comments about there
    being "ladies present" (my wife can turn the air blue, and sometimes she
    embarrasses me), and you recently accused others of being sock-puppets
    without a shred of evidence.

    Dwight, or David if you prefer, sometimes you make useful comments and
    you can be a welcome, useful member of the Python community, but other
    times you display an incoherent, rambling, aggressive style that
    indicates that you are posting while high or drunk.

    For your own sake, I suggest you stay off the Internet (including email
    and usenet) unless sober.

    --
    Steven

    Steven D'Aprano, Sep 25, 2012
  7. On Tuesday, 25 September 2012 10:40:02 UTC+5:30, Terry Reedy wrote:
    > On 9/25/2012 12:43 AM, Dwight Hutto wrote:
    >
    > > It sounds pretentious, but over the past several days, I've been

    > > slammed on every post almost. All because of an argument over me not

    > > posting a little context in a conversation, that seemed short and

    > > chatty.

    > > I was just wondering, if it's just them, or if it's my netiquette.

    > A 1000 line post with a one line response is not polite. Context free
    >
    > posts are disconcerting, but easier to ignore. Keep at least one
    >
    > sentence of context and cut the potty mouth stuff.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Terry Jan Reedy

    +1

    Ramchandra Apte, Sep 25, 2012
  8. On Tuesday, 25 September 2012 10:40:02 UTC+5:30, Terry Reedy wrote:
    > On 9/25/2012 12:43 AM, Dwight Hutto wrote:
    >
    > > It sounds pretentious, but over the past several days, I've been

    > > slammed on every post almost. All because of an argument over me not

    > > posting a little context in a conversation, that seemed short and

    > > chatty.

    > > I was just wondering, if it's just them, or if it's my netiquette.

    > A 1000 line post with a one line response is not polite. Context free
    >
    > posts are disconcerting, but easier to ignore. Keep at least one
    >
    > sentence of context and cut the potty mouth stuff.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Terry Jan Reedy

    +1

    Ramchandra Apte, Sep 25, 2012
  9. Dwight Hutto

    Wayne Werner Guest

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2012, Dwight Hutto wrote:

    > It sounds pretentious, but over the past several days, I've been
    > slammed on every post almost. All because of an argument over me not
    > posting a little context in a conversation, that seemed short and
    > chatty.

    Your being slammed has nothing to do with your lack of context, and
    everything to do with the fact that the way you responded to it was
    through ad hominem attacks, and the fact that most of your responses read
    like a transcript from kids I remember in junior high.

    It's annoying to most people - the same way pretentious teenage nitwits
    annoy most people who are interested in talking about Python code, and not
    who did what to who.

    -Wayne

    Wayne Werner, Sep 27, 2012