  1. Morgan Cheng

    Morgan Cheng Guest

    I have one webservice A calling another webserivce B. B is time
    costing and sometimes the response takes more than 160 seconds. A is
    supposed to be Thread.Abort in 90 seconds. However, the 90 seconds
    time limit doesn't work. It only get "The operation has timed out"
    WebException from calling B afte 100 seconds.

    I checked IIS6 Manager, Properties->Home Directory->Configuration-
    >Options. The ASP script timeout is 90 seconds as default. The

    webservice is written in C#. Does it matter?

    And, there is no "Server.ScriptTimeout" setting in code. I am curious
    why 90 seconds doesn't work.

    Morgan Cheng, Jul 25, 2007

  2. Morgan Cheng wrote:
    > I have one webservice A calling another webserivce B. B is time
    > costing and sometimes the response takes more than 160 seconds. A is
    > supposed to be Thread.Abort in 90 seconds. However, the 90 seconds
    > time limit doesn't work. It only get "The operation has timed out"
    > WebException from calling B afte 100 seconds.
    >
    > I checked IIS6 Manager, Properties->Home Directory->Configuration-
    >> Options. The ASP script timeout is 90 seconds as default. The

    > webservice is written in C#. Does it matter?
    >
    > And, there is no "Server.ScriptTimeout" setting in code. I am curious
    > why 90 seconds doesn't work.

    How are you doing the Thread.Abort?

    If you expect the ASP script timeout to do that, your expectations are
    not realistic, as it is not an ASP script that you are running.

    --
    Göran Andersson
    _____

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, Jul 25, 2007

  3. Morgan Cheng

    Morgan Cheng Guest

    On Jul 25, 2:25 pm, Göran Andersson <> wrote:
    > Morgan Cheng wrote:
    > > I have one webservice A calling another webserivce B. B is time
    > > costing and sometimes the response takes more than 160 seconds. A is
    > > supposed to be Thread.Abort in 90 seconds. However, the 90 seconds
    > > time limit doesn't work. It only get "The operation has timed out"
    > > WebException from calling B afte 100 seconds.

    > > I checked IIS6 Manager, Properties->Home Directory->Configuration-
    > >> Options. The ASP script timeout is 90 seconds as default. The

    > > webservice is written in C#. Does it matter?

    > > And, there is no "Server.ScriptTimeout" setting in code. I am curious
    > > why 90 seconds doesn't work.

    > How are you doing the Thread.Abort?
    >
    > If you expect the ASP script timeout to do that, your expectations are
    > not realistic, as it is not an ASP script that you are running.

    For ThreadAbortException, I am going to catch it and log a error. Then
    call Thread.ResetAbort() to prevent it from rethrow.

    I don't want to change the default timeout value. Just curious which
    config actually control the timeout of webservice.

    Morgan Cheng, Jul 26, 2007