Why a big company does not sponsor Bruce Eckel.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Marcello, Apr 28, 2006.

  1. Marcello

    Marcello Guest

    Hi,

    Since Bruce Eckel has become a kind of beginners guru,I mean many
    thousands of Java
    programmers have learned Java with him(for free).

    Now he decided not to give his job for free anymore,Its fair nobody
    works for nothing.

    But it seems He doensn´t whant to become a millioner(since for ten
    years he didn´t charge
    anything for his book).

    Why IBM,SUN or any bigger Java player does not sponsor him in his
    fourth edition?

    I myself usually buy a lot of books,but many people choose a language
    while they´re
    at university,and any free lunch is wellcome.

    Marcello

    Marcello, Apr 28, 2006