    HTTP/1.0 200 OK
    Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 11:28:43 GMT

    <head>
    <title>Start Using CGIProxy</title>
    </head>

    It looks good. The fact it is working well on Apache Windows means the
    header is ok.
    Because it runs well on shell, it means all depended modules are installed.

    @, Oct 3, 2004

  2. Re: Why a Perl script ran on Shell andr Windows but not on ApacheLinux?

    @ wrote:

    > don't have access to detailed error log.

    Then send error messages to the browser instead:

    use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Oct 3, 2004

  3. @ <> wrote:

    > But always gave me error 500. I
    > don't have access to detailed error log.

    > How do I debug it in this situation?

    By getting access to the detailed error log.

    Or by having the messages go to some place that you _do_ have access
    to, as described in the Perl FAQ.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Oct 3, 2004
  4. @

    @ Guest

    > @ wrote:
    > > It rarely happens to me. I made sure it is FTPed in ACSII, set to 755.

    It
    > > runs on Apache on Windows. It runs in Shell. But always gave me error

    500. I
    > > don't have access to detailed error log.
    > >
    > > What other reasons it could be? How do I debug it in this situation?
    > >
    > > the first few lines of output form shell are as:
    > > HTTP/1.0 200 OK
    > > Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 11:28:43 GMT

    > > <head>
    > > <title>Start Using CGIProxy</title>
    > > </head>
    > >
    > > It looks good. The fact it is working well on Apache Windows means the
    > > header is ok.
    > > Because it runs well on shell, it means all depended modules are

    installed.

    > Have you checked the FAQ?
    >
    > perldoc -q 500
    >
    > If you have and have chased down *everything* offered there, post again
    > saying so and giving more details, including sample code that
    > demonstrates your problem. Make sure and
    >
    > use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
    >
    > (you didn't
    >
    > use CGI;
    >
    > either, did you?)
    >
    > --
    > Bob Walton
    > Email: http://bwalton.com/cgi-bin/emailbob.pl

    I have installed tens of scripts before. Nothing like this happened. Here is
    the script
    http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/releases/cgiproxy.2.0.1.tar.gz
    It is just a big file. Only SSL is dependent on two extra things.

    @, Oct 3, 2004