    all is well. The PDF is not causing this problem.

    Both files are in /public_html/Assets/docs and I have no htaccess
    going on there. Can anyone guess what's causing this? Thanks!
    Fugetaboutit, Sep 1, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    Fugetaboutit <yer.m@ma> wrote:

    > I am the host and only webmaster of
    > http://www.tndisabilitymegaconference.org/
    >
    > I just added two links to a doc near the bottom of the page; the doc
    > is available as .RTF and .PDF. I can view either one, but when I close
    > the window to the RTF, I am prompted for login info. I hit cancel and
    > all is well. The PDF is not causing this problem.
    >
    > Both files are in /public_html/Assets/docs and I have no htaccess
    > going on there. Can anyone guess what's causing this? Thanks!

    Don't know. It works surprisingly OK in Mac Safari with no login
    problems. Why did you strive for Bobby validation and make your doctype
    transitional at the same time? It could easily be done in strict.
    The page has style issues. So did last years. This is as blunt as I get.

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/
    Leonard Blaisdell, Sep 2, 2005

  3. Fugetaboutit

    Fugetaboutit Guest

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:42:45 -0700, Leonard Blaisdell
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Fugetaboutit <yer.m@ma> wrote:
    >
    >> I am the host and only webmaster of
    >> http://www.tndisabilitymegaconference.org/
    >>
    >> I just added two links to a doc near the bottom of the page; the doc
    >> is available as .RTF and .PDF. I can view either one, but when I close
    >> the window to the RTF, I am prompted for login info. I hit cancel and
    >> all is well. The PDF is not causing this problem.
    >>
    >> Both files are in /public_html/Assets/docs and I have no htaccess
    >> going on there. Can anyone guess what's causing this? Thanks!

    >Don't know. It works surprisingly OK in Mac Safari with no login
    >problems. Why did you strive for Bobby validation and make your doctype
    >transitional at the same time? It could easily be done in strict.
    >The page has style issues. So did last years. This is as blunt as I get.
    >
    >leo

    Thanks for the Safari check. Feel free to share what you think are
    issues, as well as any reason for not using transitional.
    Fugetaboutit, Sep 3, 2005