    Can you tell me why this is hapening and how can i remove this thing.

    Thanks in advance
    Tarun Garg

    Garg, Dec 10, 2006

  2. Garg wrote:
    > I am sending some data to a servlet and geting the result from that.
    > For this is i am using form.submit() in javascript but when i submit
    > the form it open a new explore window.
    >
    > Can you tell me why this is hapening and how can i remove this thing.

    That is an HTML/JS question. This is a Java group.

    Try..
    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html>
    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript>

    (..it sounds as though either your JS or form
    element specifies a target.)

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 10, 2006

  3. Garg

    Garg Guest

    Thanks Mr Thompson for reply

    But the i am calling servlet(java Program) through javascript so it can
    be a problem of either end. and most probs it is a problem from servlet
    end.

    Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how can i resolve this
    issue.

    Thanks
    Tarun Garg

    Garg, Dec 10, 2006
  4. Garg wrote:
    > Thanks Mr Thompson for reply

    Only my third grade teacher called me that, and only
    when she was angry with me. When/if I get angry
    at you, should I call you Mr Tarun, or Mr Garg?

    > But the i am calling servlet(java Program) ..

    That makes H-T-M-L.

    > Can anyone tell me why this is happening and
    > how can i resolve this issue.

    Did you even bother to investigate the probable cause
    I identified in my first post, or would you prefer we make
    random guesses, then spoon-feed the answers to you?

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 10, 2006
  5. Garg

    Garg Guest

    Thanks Again,

    I tried my level best to get the answare but i couldn't.
    And that's why only i sent this mail.

    Can you tell me about this problem?

    Thanks
    Tarun Garg

    Garg, Dec 11, 2006
  6. Garg wrote:
    > Thanks Again,
    >
    > I tried my level best to get the answare

    Explain to me (in steps) what that entailed..*

    > ...but i couldn't.
    > And that's why only i sent this mail.

    It is importatnat to understand that usenet is very
    different to email - for one thing, I don't charge
    you consultancy fees for discussions on usenet. ;-)

    Messages to usenet are more commonly refered to
    as a 'post', and the conversation that might result
    is known as a 'thread'.

    > Can you tell me about this problem?

    * first, tell me what steps you took, based on the
    last comment in my first reply (..or not, your choice).

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 11, 2006