why anew explore is coming up?

Garg

Hi All,

I am sending some data to a servlet and geting the result from that.
For this is i am using form.submit() in javascript but when i submit
the form it open a new explore window.

Can you tell me why this is hapening and how can i remove this thing.

Thanks in advance
Tarun Garg

ASM

Garg a écrit :
For this is i am using form.submit() in javascript but when i submit
the form it open a new explore window.

verify you haven't target="_blank" in your tag form

or somewhere (on top of file) :

<base target="_blank" ... >

look at also if you have an 'onsubmit' in your tag form

Bart Van der Donck

Garg said:
I neither used 'target' nor 'onsubmit'.

Maybe your page is in a frameset that holds:

<frame src="page.html" target="...">

Difficult to tell without looking at the code, of course. Anyhow, the
following should solve your problem:

(1) change <form ...> into <form target="_self" ...>, plus

Garg

Thanks
(1) change <form ...> into <form target="_self" ...>, plus

I tried both of these ways but still the problem is there.

Is this the problem with the dialog window as i am submiting the form
in the dialog window.

Thanks
Tarun