Why are "bookmarks" appearing in my querystrings?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by goinoutwest, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. goinoutwest

    goinoutwest Guest

    On July 3, I started noticing some page errors in my web application. All
    of the erroring clients where using Windows XP - MSIE 6.0. It seems these
    clients were passing the bookmark (fragment identifier) portion of the URL
    to the server.

    For example, with the following URL:
    http://testsite.com/page.aspx?myquery=test#bookmark

    The browser *should* send a request for:
    http://testsite.com/page.aspx?myquery=test

    However, these clients were sending the entire URL as the request. Thus, my
    querystring parameter "myquery" had the unexpected value of "test#bookmark".

    Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Perhaps it is related to the
    download.ject patch (released July 2). I have yet to recieve a response to
    this message, which was posted one week ago in two other newsgroups.

    Thanks,
    Rob
    goinoutwest, Aug 11, 2004