Why are the .dll's created locally?

Rob Meade

Hi,

I have started creating some Web Custom Controls - so far so good - what I
was surprised about was that where I have added a project to my solution in
VS - for each of the Web Control Libraries it creates, it does this locally
not on the server - as opposed to other webforms and such which when created
in VS appear immediately on the server?

Its not a 'big' issue I suppose as I can copy and paste the .dll's on to the
server - but I just wondered if there was a reason for this..

Regards

Rob

Kevin Spencer

If you create a reference to the dlls, and set CopyLocal to True, they will
be copied to the server.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Rob Meade

If you create a reference to the dlls, and set CopyLocal to True, they will
be copied to the server.

Hi Kevin,

Many thanks for your reply. I will have a look for these options.

Regards

Rob

Kevin Spencer

You can find this setting in the Properties dialog for the Reference in the
Project.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer