    what i need make to show the backgrounds and bgcolors in my paper when the
    user print the page?

    thankzzz

    RoDzZzZ, Aug 12, 2003

  2. RoDzZzZ

    cwdjr Guest

    You state: "when i try print (ctrl +p) my webpage, my printer not
    print the backgrounds and bgcolors of my tables.... what i need make
    to show the backgrounds and bgcolors in my paper when the user print
    the page?"-----------Although this does not appear to be a JS related
    question, I will answer. There are several variables here,namely the
    computer operating system used, the printer, and the configuration of
    the software for printing. Usually a computer defaults to not print
    background colors and images to speed up printing and reduce ink
    usage. You might expect controls for printing background to be on the
    menus that come up when you start to print. I am using Windows XP and
    an Epson printer. The printer menus only allow you to select color or
    black and white printing - not background colors. To turn on prnting
    of background, I have to do this: start > control panel > Network and
    Internet Connections > Internet Options > Advanced tab > check "Print
    background colors and images". If you had in mind to use JS to turn on
    a viewers background printing, I do not know how this could be done.
    Moreover a user would be very angry if you turned on his or her
    background and it stayed on. Even if you had code to turn background
    off at the end of the print job, something might happen to stop the
    program before it is completed and thus background printing would not
    be turned off.

    cwdjr, Aug 13, 2003