    At the longtailvideo.com website, I see their players just fine.
    What do I need to change on my settings so I can see the player?
    FF9 and Opera shows the player just fine.
    richard, May 23, 2013

  2. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:8d3rlq0alnry.75qygqmfzhot$.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > www.mroldies.net/test3.html

    Gosh, I wonder if it might have anything to do with invalid html...

    Will you *ever* learn to validate your pages?

    > This is driving me nuts.

    Driving you nuts is a short trip.

    > On top of how I am already.
    > All I see is a framebox and a place holder thing.
    > At the longtailvideo.com website, I see their players just fine.
    > What do I need to change on my settings so I can see the player?

    Write valid html, maybe?

    > FF9 and Opera shows the player just fine.

    BTW, this isn't helping:

    <script type='text/javascript'>
    Doug Miller, May 23, 2013

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 23 May 2013 12:52:40 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:

    > richard <> wrote in news:8d3rlq0alnry.75qygqmfzhot$.dlg@
    > 40tude.net:
    >
    >> www.mroldies.net/test3.html

    > Gosh, I wonder if it might have anything to do with invalid html...

    > Will you *ever* learn to validate your pages?
    >
    >> This is driving me nuts.

    > Driving you nuts is a short trip.
    >
    >> On top of how I am already.
    >> All I see is a framebox and a place holder thing.
    >> At the longtailvideo.com website, I see their players just fine.
    >> What do I need to change on my settings so I can see the player?

    > Write valid html, maybe?
    >
    >> FF9 and Opera shows the player just fine.

    > BTW, this isn't helping:
    >
    > <script type='text/javascript'>

    Heh, the validator said it was required.
    Page validates now don't it smart boy?
    richard, May 23, 2013
  4. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:1wzf6goz8x24z$:

    > Page validates now don't it smart boy?

    Now that you fixed the invalid HTML, yes, it does. Do you still have a problem in IE9?
    Doug Miller, May 23, 2013
  5. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:1wzf6goz8x24z$.luujvflds0c4.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > On Thu, 23 May 2013 12:52:40 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:
    >> BTW, this isn't helping:
    >>
    >> <script type='text/javascript'>

    > Heh, the validator said it was required.

    Compare these lines

    <script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer/jwplayer.js">
    <script type="text/javascript">

    to this one

    <script type='text/javascript'>

    and see if you can figure out what's wrong.
    Doug Miller, May 23, 2013
  6. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 23 May 2013 18:31:49 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:

    > richard <> wrote in news:1wzf6goz8x24z$.luujvflds0c4.dlg@
    > 40tude.net:
    >
    >> On Thu, 23 May 2013 12:52:40 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:
    >>> BTW, this isn't helping:
    >>>
    >>> <script type='text/javascript'>

    >> Heh, the validator said it was required.

    > Compare these lines
    >
    > <script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer/jwplayer.js">
    > <script type="text/javascript">
    >
    > to this one
    >
    > <script type='text/javascript'>
    >
    > and see if you can figure out what's wrong.

    There is nothing wrong with that code. Asswipe.

    <script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer/jwplayer.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript"> jwplayer.key"edited";</script>

    That's what you left out.
    richard, May 24, 2013
  7. On Thu, 23 May 2013 12:17:35 -0400, richard wrote:

    > On Thu, 23 May 2013 12:52:40 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:
    >
    >> richard <> wrote in
    >> news:8d3rlq0alnry.75qygqmfzhot$.dlg@ 40tude.net:
    >>
    >>> www.mroldies.net/test3.html

    >> Gosh, I wonder if it might have anything to do with invalid html...

    >> dir="ltr">
    >>
    >> Will you *ever* learn to validate your pages?
    >>
    >>> This is driving me nuts.

    >> Driving you nuts is a short trip.
    >>
    >>> On top of how I am already.
    >>> All I see is a framebox and a place holder thing.
    >>> At the longtailvideo.com website, I see their players just fine.
    >>> What do I need to change on my settings so I can see the player?

    >> Write valid html, maybe?
    >>
    >>> FF9 and Opera shows the player just fine.

    >> BTW, this isn't helping:
    >>
    >> <script type='text/javascript'>

    > Heh, the validator said it was required.
    > Page validates now don't it smart boy?

    Observation:

    If you wrapped the jwplayer setup call in a function, and called the
    function in the onload handler of the body element, then you could put
    the jwplayer setup bit of the script in the document head, which is a lot
    neater than having script elements in document bodies.

    ie:

    change this:

    to this:

    and this:

    jwplayer( "my-video" ).setup({ <-----many lines of data-----> });

    to this:

    function videoPlayerSetup() {
    jwplayer( "my-video" ).setup({ <-----many lines of data-----> });
    }

    and then put all of this:

    function videoPlayerSetup() {
    jwplayer( "my-video" ).setup({ <-----many lines of data-----> });
    }

    after the line:

    jwplayer.key= <-----some data here-----> ;

    so that it is inside the same script element,

    and then delete the script element from after the </div> in the document
    body.

    Finally, you ought to just double check whether the jwplayer setup()
    method requires json style data which, unlike normal javascript strings,
    specifies only double quotes i.e. "" as string delimiters.

    Not that I expect you to pay any attention to any of this, as doing so
    would break with almost 20 years of well established tradition.

    --
    Denis McMahon,
    Denis McMahon, May 24, 2013
  8. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:1x14wxot74hi5.13ayed4zxlcaq$.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > On Thu, 23 May 2013 18:31:49 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:
    >
    >> richard <> wrote in news:1wzf6goz8x24z$.luujvflds0c4.dlg@
    >> 40tude.net:

    >>> Heh, the validator said it was required.

    >> Compare these lines
    >>
    >> <script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer/jwplayer.js">
    >> <script type="text/javascript">
    >>
    >> to this one
    >>
    >> <script type='text/javascript'>
    >>
    >> and see if you can figure out what's wrong.

    > There is nothing wrong with that code. Asswipe.
    >
    > <script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer/jwplayer.js"></script>
    > <script type="text/javascript"> jwplayer.key"edited";</script>
    >
    > That's what you left out.

    You missed the point rather badly, I'm afraid. But I should have expected that.

    Doug Miller, May 24, 2013
  9. richard

    Lewis Guest

    In message <XnsA1C95AD7AAE4Adougmilmaccom@78.46.70.116>
    Doug Miller <> wrote:
    > richard <> wrote in news:8d3rlq0alnry.75qygqmfzhot$.dlg@
    > 40tude.net:

    >> www.mroldies.net/test3.html

    > Gosh, I wonder if it might have anything to do with invalid html...

    > Will you *ever* learn to validate your pages?

    Nope, it's Richard. He hasn't learned anything in the last 10-15 years,
    least of all to validate. All attempts to help him will be met with
    argument. Really, it's pointless replying to him, it's exactly like
    arguing science with a fundamentalist.

    --
    'You're your own worst enemy, Rincewind,' said the sword.
    Rincewind looked up at the grinning men. 'Bet?' --Colour of Magic
    Lewis, May 24, 2013
  10. richard

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 24 May 2013 10:55:57 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:

    > richard <> wrote in news:1x14wxot74hi5.13ayed4zxlcaq$.dlg@
    > 40tude.net:
    >
    >> On Thu, 23 May 2013 18:31:49 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:
    >>
    >>> richard <> wrote in news:1wzf6goz8x24z$.luujvflds0c4.dlg@
    >>> 40tude.net:

    >>> Compare these lines
    >>>
    >>> <script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer/jwplayer.js">
    >>> <script type="text/javascript">
    >>>
    >>> to this one
    >>>
    >>> <script type='text/javascript'>
    >>>
    >>> and see if you can figure out what's wrong.

    >> There is nothing wrong with that code. Asswipe.
    >>
    >> <script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer/jwplayer.js"></script>
    >> <script type="text/javascript"> jwplayer.key"edited";</script>
    >>
    >> That's what you left out.

    > You missed the point rather badly, I'm afraid. But I should have expected that.

    are you implying then that "src" is required?
    hardly.
    other than that, I still see nothing wrong.
    kindly explain your point.
    richard, May 24, 2013
  11. richard

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 24 May 2013 14:02:14 +0000 (UTC), Lewis wrote:

    > In message <XnsA1C95AD7AAE4Adougmilmaccom@78.46.70.116>
    > Doug Miller <> wrote:
    >> richard <> wrote in news:8d3rlq0alnry.75qygqmfzhot$.dlg@
    >> 40tude.net:

    >>> www.mroldies.net/test3.html

    >> Gosh, I wonder if it might have anything to do with invalid html...

    >> Will you *ever* learn to validate your pages?

    > Nope, it's Richard. He hasn't learned anything in the last 10-15 years,
    > least of all to validate. All attempts to help him will be met with
    > argument. Really, it's pointless replying to him, it's exactly like
    > arguing science with a fundamentalist.

    Right. Like then my page should not validate, ever.
    Which it does.
    The problem I am having with MY IE 9 is purely local.
    While others who have seen the page see what I wrote with no problems.
    One person said it worked fine on IE 8, 9 and 10 even.

    Luckily, there are forums where this bullshit harassment does not take
    place.
    Yes I have learned a lot in the past 10 years.

    But we all know, that YOU never had any problems writing code.
    You just whipped it out with never once consulting anything.
    Or making any mistakes doing it.

    Do you know the story behind Napster?
    The claim is, it was the guy's very first program.
    I call it bullshit.
    Nobody ever wrote such an intense program on their first try.
    Ever!
    richard, May 24, 2013
  12. richard

    Lewis Guest

    In message <qumndy5004mf.1psruqu0h7l62$>
    richard <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 May 2013 14:02:14 +0000 (UTC), Lewis wrote:

    >> In message <XnsA1C95AD7AAE4Adougmilmaccom@78.46.70.116>
    >> Doug Miller <> wrote:
    >>> richard <> wrote in news:8d3rlq0alnry.75qygqmfzhot$.dlg@
    >>> 40tude.net:

    >>> Gosh, I wonder if it might have anything to do with invalid html...

    >>> Will you *ever* learn to validate your pages?

    >> Nope, it's Richard. He hasn't learned anything in the last 10-15 years,
    >> least of all to validate. All attempts to help him will be met with
    >> argument. Really, it's pointless replying to him, it's exactly like
    >> arguing science with a fundamentalist.

    > Right. Like then my page should not validate, ever.
    > Which it does.

    Which it didn't.

    > The problem I am having with MY IE 9 is purely local.
    > While others who have seen the page see what I wrote with no problems.
    > One person said it worked fine on IE 8, 9 and 10 even.

    > Luckily, there are forums where this bullshit harassment does not take
    > place.
    > Yes I have learned a lot in the past 10 years.

    Evidence to the contrary. You are writing XHMTL, for example.

    > But we all know, that YOU never had any problems writing code.

    We do?

    The difference between us, richard, is not that I am perfect and you are
    not, the difference is that you are an asshole who refuses to learn
    anything new and who makes a habit or arguing with people trying to help
    you or worse, calls them names. All things you have done numerous times.
    You also have a habit of posting the same exact issue over and over,
    proving that you've refused to cahnge your code or listen to anything
    anyone has done. In short, you are a time sink, as all efforts to help
    you by those unfamiliar with your behavior are simply a waste.

    I may be an asshole, bt I don't waste other's time about it.

    --
    'An appointment is an engagement to see someone, while a morningstar is
    a large lump of metal used for viciously crushing skulls. It is
    Lewis, May 24, 2013
  13. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:9nkzqbsky0y7$.2xe00zvjb6p0$.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    Compare these lines

    <script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer/jwplayer.js">
    <script type="text/javascript">

    to this one

    <script type='text/javascript'>

    Do you see *anything* different?

    And NO, I'm NOT going to tell you what it is. You *need* to learn to read what you've written
    more carefully. This will be good practice for you.
    Doug Miller, May 24, 2013
  14. richard

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 24 May 2013 21:25:14 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:

    > richard <> wrote in news:9nkzqbsky0y7$.2xe00zvjb6p0$.dlg@
    > 40tude.net:
    >
    > Compare these lines
    >
    > <script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer/jwplayer.js">
    > <script type="text/javascript">
    >
    > to this one
    >
    > <script type='text/javascript'>
    >
    > Do you see *anything* different?
    >
    > And NO, I'm NOT going to tell you what it is. You *need* to learn to read what you've written
    > more carefully. This will be good practice for you.

    and again, I am calling you a fucking jackass who just loves to take a
    little item and play stupid mind games with it.
    There is nothing wrong with the code.
    richard, May 24, 2013
  15. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:fz7vu6msswq4.8qmvx6zabp0u.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > and again, I am calling you a fucking jackass who just loves to take a
    > little item and play stupid mind games with it.

    See, this is one reason you get called "Richard the Stoopid", and one reason you deserve it:
    you just don't understand that abusing people is -- to put it mildly -- not the best route to
    persuading them to help you, now or in the future.
    Doug Miller, May 24, 2013
  16. richard wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 May 2013 21:25:14 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller wrote:
    >
    >> richard <> wrote in news:9nkzqbsky0y7$.2xe00zvjb6p0$.dlg@
    >> 40tude.net:
    >>
    >> Compare these lines
    >>
    >> <script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer/jwplayer.js">
    >> <script type="text/javascript">
    >>
    >> to this one
    >>
    >> <script type='text/javascript'>
    >>
    >> Do you see *anything* different?
    >>
    >> And NO, I'm NOT going to tell you what it is. You *need* to learn to read what you've written
    >> more carefully. This will be good practice for you.

    > and again, I am calling you a fucking jackass who just loves to take a
    > little item and play stupid mind games with it.
    > There is nothing wrong with the code.

    <!ELEMENT SCRIPT - - %Script; -- script statements -->
    ^
    *NOTE*

    <http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/scripts.html#edef-SCRIPT>

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, May 25, 2013
  17. richard

    richard Guest

    Re: update - Why can I not see the output with MY IE9? (was: Why can I not see the output with MY IE9?)

    On Thu, 23 May 2013 01:42:01 -0400, richard wrote:

    > www.mroldies.net/test3.html
    > www.mroldies.net/screen9.jpg
    >

    > This is driving me nuts.
    > On top of how I am already.
    > All I see is a framebox and a place holder thing.
    > At the longtailvideo.com website, I see their players just fine.
    > What do I need to change on my settings so I can see the player?
    > FF9 and Opera shows the player just fine.

    It's working now.
    richard, May 26, 2013
  18. richard

    On Sun, 26 May 2013 01:03:24 +0000 (UTC), Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > richard the sto0pid wrote:
    >
    >> richard the sto0pid wrote:
    >>
    >>> www.mroldies.net/test3.html www.mroldies.net/screen9.jpg
    >>>
    >>> This is driving me nuts.
    >>> On top of how I am already.

    > I think all the rest of us agree with that.
    >
    >>> All I see is a framebox and a place holder thing.
    >>> At the longtailvideo.com website, I see their players just fine.
    >>> What do I need to change on my settings so I can see the player?
    >>> FF9 and Opera shows the player just fine.

    >> It's working now.

    > No, it isn't. test3.html is still only a blank, empty page, exactly like
    > your screen9.jpg demonstrates. <woot!>
    >
    > (FF9 is seriously out of date.)

    strange. that page does not seem to exist.
    richard, May 26, 2013
  19. Doug Miller <> writes:

    > richard <> wrote in news:9nkzqbsky0y7$.2xe00zvjb6p0$.dlg@
    > 40tude.net:
    >
    > Compare these lines
    >
    > <script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer/jwplayer.js">
    > <script type="text/javascript">
    >
    > to this one
    >
    > <script type='text/javascript'>
    >
    > Do you see *anything* different?
    >
    > And NO, I'm NOT going to tell you what it is. You *need* to learn to
    > read what you've written more carefully. This will be good practice
    > for you.

    I've looked, and while I think I've seen the differences, I don't know
    what point you are making. Can you help me out?

    --
    Ben.
    Ben Bacarisse, May 26, 2013
  20. Ben Bacarisse wrote:
    > Doug Miller <> writes:
    >
    >> richard <> wrote in news:9nkzqbsky0y7$.2xe00zvjb6p0$.dlg@
    >> 40tude.net:
    >>
    >> Compare these lines
    >>
    >> <script type="text/javascript" src="jwplayer/jwplayer.js">
    >> <script type="text/javascript">
    >>
    >> to this one
    >>
    >> <script type='text/javascript'>
    >>
    >> Do you see *anything* different?
    >>
    >> And NO, I'm NOT going to tell you what it is. You *need* to learn to
    >> read what you've written more carefully. This will be good practice
    >> for you.

    > I've looked, and while I think I've seen the differences, I don't know
    > what point you are making. Can you help me out?

    If you look at my post it will explain, SCRIPT element *requires* both
    opening and closing tags.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan