Why can I still hit the break point without the pdb file

Guest

Hi,
I did the following several steps, and am confused why I can hit the breakpoint in the code behind file even after the pdb file is removed.
(1) I build an ASP.net project in release mode with 'Generate PDB file' checked by using VS.Net 2002
(2) I remove the pdb file from the bin directory.
(3) I use IE to launch the site,
(4) I close the original solution, and open one code behind file( .aspx.cs ) file in vs.net
(5) I attatch this debugger to the aspnew_wp.exe
(6) I am supprised that I can set breakpoint at the line in the code behind( .aspx.cs) file and hit the breakpoint there. As I said I have already removed .pdb file in step 2. I checked the temp directory for this web application under winnt\microsoft.net..., and the .pdf file is not there which is correct as I removed the pdb file from the original bin directory before I launch the site for the first time.

Am I doing something wrong? Does the debug information happen to be stored in the .dll(Is this possible ?)

Any one has any idea? Thanks in advance.

Jazz

Trevor Benedict R

Try to restart IIS after you deleted the file and then try again.
else go to C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary ASP.NET
Files and locate the application and delete it. Then try again.

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD