Why can't bean classes have static or final methods?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_Gagn=E9?=

Going through a tutorial and it was stated that beans can't have static
or final methods. Since objects are instances of classes and other
classes we use commonly include static methods (I don't use final
methods but am still interested), why must these features be eliminated
for beans? I'm assuming it has something to do with it being
distributed or only having a proxy for the object.

I read also there would be a problem with casting.

What's the real reason?