why cant functions return arrays

Eligiusz Narutowicz

santosh said:
Please, let's try to keep this flamefest to just two posters. Not ideal,
but better than everyone joining in, as was the case in

Are you the moderator of this newsgroup? Sorry if so.

santosh

Eligiusz said:
Are you the moderator of this newsgroup?

No. This (comp.lang.c) is an unmoderated group, were participants are,
perhaps unfortunately, required to rely on common sense.

Eligiusz Narutowicz

santosh said:
No. This (comp.lang.c) is an unmoderated group, were participants are,
perhaps unfortunately, required to rely on common sense.

I just wonder a little as you are posting telling off posts more than
helping ones.

santosh

rio said:
they are not a science and their metods are not scientific

Most of their methods are scientific, but most of their hypothesis are
not amenable to a rigorous mathematical proof, because of the
complexities of the systems involved.

It is still better than some misguided attempt to heal. I have heard
enough of shocking attempts to "heal" psychologically disturbed people
that have ended up is total disaster.
yes, sometimes, rarely

That "rarely" is rapidly becoming "commonplace", because of emergence of
resistant microorganism, and complex metabolic and genetic defects,
which a few generations back, good old natural selection took care of.

Just like software. More complex software tends to develop more complex
problems with more difficult solutions.

santosh

Eligiusz said:
I just wonder a little as you are posting telling off posts more than
helping ones.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment. Anyway let us drop this
sub-thread.

santosh

Richard said:
santosh said:

Right, but "yes" is also a perfectly defensible answer. In an
unmoderated group, it is up to *everybody* to observe and reinforce
the conventions of the group.

You're on a hiding to nothing. Mr Narutowicz has chosen to be a
whinging twit instead of a helpful soul, and you are very unlikely to
persuade him to change his mind.

Still, if you want to keep trying, that's obviously up to you. :)

(In your defence, there /have/ been examples of whinging twits
swapping hats and becoming useful contributors to the group. Not many,
but some.)

Hmm. I took about a week's break from Usenet, and I distinctly remember
Eligiusz Narutowicz as a reasonable poster. I guess that's changed
during my absence. Oh well...

Sri Harsha Dandibhotla

rio wrote

I can't accept religion as a unalloyed good.
The sufferer may be adding another delusion
to his repetoire. The more predatory evangleists
seek out people with mental health problems.

<snip>

"1) Religion and pray are good"
Is this statement technically wrong?

Sri Harsha Dandibhotla

Sri Harsha Dandibhotla said:

The C Standard provides no answer to this question. I suggest you ask it in
soc.religion instead.
That question was specifically asked to Mr. Nick Keighly in response
to his comment :
Nick Keighly wrote :
" In future I will confine myself to correcting things that are
obviously
technically wrong and on-ish topic "
Please dont respond further to this post. Mine was an unnecessary post
anyway.

Mike

I beg to differ, Edward. I believe the paragraphs you posted above provide a case-perfect illustration of why some
posters claim that _you_ are a troll. Your arguments are so forthright, so blatant, so passionately reiterated, so
unequivocably wrong, so unbalanced and out-of-balance, that many believe they could not be the output of a being both
sentient and sensible. As a result they conclude, rightly or wrongly, that that these arguments are devised and posted
meerly to provoke. If they are right in their conclusions, then you are indeed a troll, if they are wrong, I believe it
more plausibly reflects on the style and content of your postings than it does on any racist or anti-Semitic tendancies
(examined or unexamined) of these posters.

Mike, I need also to reply to you, since yours was a thoughtful post,
if filled with the usual dull hatred we see in these groups. The only
register in which you are at all serious is when you are saying
something hateful such as the above, therefore this is gonna hurt.

I'm afraid, Mike, that you've based your entire argument on an
incorrect premise. Because work in the corporation, in any standing,
requires continual anger management because the fiduciary job of the
corporation is to expropriate its employees, you've been socialized to
scan documents without parsing them, like the first phase of a
compiler.

When you read my posts, I believe, you are alarmed, reasonably enough,
by a diversity of reference and vocabulary which is the first
statistical feature you notice in your "scan". You're also alarmed by
a quantitative and qualitative difference between my texts and most
posts. There are more verbs and subordinating words in sentences and
sentences are longer.

Since another corporate meme or mood is a constant artificial urgency
and time famine, it's at this point you realize that you'd better get
back to work, so you hit a button you've mislabeled "troll", using it
isomorphic to "jew" or "n*r".
[snip]
I really must sign off. You people aren't worth committments,
therefore my committments are not to you but just time management on
my part.
Consider, Edward that in my thoughtful and hate-filled post, I made no claims about your personality but instead
remained focused on the quality and style of your contributions to this news-group and how they might influence and
affect other contributers' opinions of you.

Note in comparison, how you make unsubstantiated and unsupportable claims regarding my emotional state, the motivations
behind my post, my job history, and my ability (or lack thereof) to parse your prose.

Mike

spinoza1111

Nilge's logic:

1) Nazis say: Jews are scum

2) You say: Trolls are scum.

Therefore:
3) You are a Nazi.

Much of technical education consists of careful moronization. There is
of course a view that the Holocaust was a Jewish and theological event
with an apparently metaphysical cause. If this view is correct, it's
blasphemy to say, not "because Nazis said Jews are scum, and you say
trolls must die, you're a Nazi" (a moronic re-presentation of what I
said, of course).

But most historians, including Shirer and Arendt, don't treat the
Holocaust in this way. Instead, they view it as emergent from the
microbehavior of the clerical and technical lower middle class under
stress.

Education below a certain level is education in reverse, for the same
reason mass media is psychoanalysis in reverse.

What sort of English class do most pre-wealth majors get at cow and
technical colleges? Usually, some part-time adjunct flounces in and
reveals that the students must learn a set of magic formulae that will
guarantee, without any nonsense, their admission to the ranks of the
employable, such as "simple" writing.

The underlying message is that all relations are isomorphic to the
cash nexus and can be reduced to identity. For example, you're a Jew
or a member of a national community.

In other words, Harlan, crack a book on your break at Kentucky Fried.