Why can't I can get help on ASP.NET?

Jim Richards

I have been struggling for several weeks now trying to create my first
ASP.NET Application but no one has responded to my post on 10 Dec 07. I have
uninstalled VS 2003 and reinstalled it again after making sure that IIS was
installed and running but this did not help. I just printed all 28 pages of
MMC Help but I read and read and still do not fix the problem. Please, any
help will surely be appreciated. Jim

Mark Rae [MVP]

I have been struggling for several weeks now trying to create my first
ASP.NET Application but no one has responded to my post on 10 Dec 07.

There were two responses to your post of 10 December advising you how to fix
your problem - did you not read them...?
I have uninstalled VS 2003 and reinstalled it again after making sure that
IIS was installed and running but this did not help.

Indeed, because that's not what your problem was...
I just printed all 28 pages of MMC Help

Not quite sure why you needed to print the whole thing out, but at least you
know that your printer is still working... :)
Please, any help will surely be appreciated. Jim

Did you follow the advice in Peter Bromberg's reply on 10 December...?

Jim Richards

Thank you Mark. I look for the responses but I do not find any. Also, I have
my View set to show replies to my posts and those two responses do not show
up there. I don't know how I can read them when I am unable to find them. I
just now searched this newsgroup for messages with the Subject: HTTP/1.1500
Internal Server Error and drew a blank response. Can you please tell me how
to view the two responses that you mentioned? TIA, Jim

Mark Fitzpatrick

Use Outlook Express to point to news.microsoft.com then go to the
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet newsgroup. Use the Tool | Get Next
X Messages option to keep downloading messages. One of the biggest problems
with high volume newsgroups is the reader will only download so many new
headers. If the responses to your post are, for example, headers 301 and
302, Outlook Express isn't going to download them because, by default, it
will only grab the newest 300. Usint the Get Next X Messages option a number
of times will get it to keep going back and downloading more and more
messages until you get yours. If you are using a news server already, make
sure you're pointing to the real one at Microsoft. Your ISP may have the
newsgroup, but there's nothing to say that they actually have downloaded the
messages from the MS news server.

--
Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

Subject: HTTP/1.1500 Internal Server Error and drew a blank response. Can
you please tell me how to view the two responses that you mentioned? TIA,
Jim

Jim Richards

Your right Mark. I had to download 300 mor headers four (4) times before
those two responses showed up on my PC. Thanks for the help. Jim

Mark Fitzpatrick said:
Use Outlook Express to point to news.microsoft.com then go to the
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet newsgroup. Use the Tool | Get
Next X Messages option to keep downloading messages. One of the biggest
problems with high volume newsgroups is the reader will only download so
many new headers. If the responses to your post are, for example, headers
301 and 302, Outlook Express isn't going to download them because, by
default, it will only grab the newest 300. Usint the Get Next X Messages
option a number of times will get it to keep going back and downloading
more and more messages until you get yours. If you are using a news server
already, make sure you're pointing to the real one at Microsoft. Your ISP
may have the newsgroup, but there's nothing to say that they actually have
downloaded the messages from the MS news server.

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Jim,
you may want to try the web-based Microsoft newsgroup interface.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...icrosoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet&fltr=

You can check to be notified of responses. I use it all the time, except for
the occasional snafu when it's broken. You can also use Google Groups, which
also does a pretty good job.
Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Jim Richards said:
Thank you Mark. I look for the responses but I do not find any. Also, I have
my View set to show replies to my posts and those two responses do not show
up there. I don't know how I can read them when I am unable to find them. I
just now searched this newsgroup for messages with the Subject: HTTP/1.1500
Internal Server Error and drew a blank response. Can you please tell me how
to view the two responses that you mentioned? TIA, Jim

Jim Richards

Thanks Peter Bromberg. Is there anyplace that I can get the instructions on
how to setup XP Pro for Web (ASP.NET) Applications? TIA, Jim