Why can't I get Tomcat to hot deploy?

Ben

So I know Tomcat is able to hot deploy but for some reason can't get
mine to do it. I've installed several different versions on a few
different computers and have "autoDeploy=true" in my server.xml file
and I always have the same problem. What am I missing? (I'm running
Tomcat on Windows)

Ben

PerfectDayToChaseTornados

| So I know Tomcat is able to hot deploy but for some reason can't get
| mine to do it. I've installed several different versions on a few
| different computers and have "autoDeploy=true" in my server.xml file
| and I always have the same problem. What am I missing? (I'm running
| Tomcat on Windows)
|
| Ben

I think that Tomcat only hot deploys exploded directories, not war files.
You can use the manager app or ant tasks to reload the war file.
--
-P
"Programs that are hard to read are hard to modify.

( Kent Beck)

Ben

PerfectDayToChaseTornados said:
| So I know Tomcat is able to hot deploy but for some reason can't get
| mine to do it. I've installed several different versions on a few
| different computers and have "autoDeploy=true" in my server.xml file
| and I always have the same problem. What am I missing? (I'm running
| Tomcat on Windows)
|
| Ben

I think that Tomcat only hot deploys exploded directories, not war files.
You can use the manager app or ant tasks to reload the war file.

That's what I'm referring to - exploded directories. It won't hot
deploy those. It only hot deploys JSP files for me, not class files.