    and I always have the same problem. What am I missing? (I'm running
    Tomcat on Windows)

    Ben

    Ben, Oct 11, 2004

  2. "Ben" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    | So I know Tomcat is able to hot deploy but for some reason can't get
    | mine to do it. I've installed several different versions on a few
    | different computers and have "autoDeploy=true" in my server.xml file
    | and I always have the same problem. What am I missing? (I'm running
    | Tomcat on Windows)
    |
    | Ben

    I think that Tomcat only hot deploys exploded directories, not war files.
    You can use the manager app or ant tasks to reload the war file.
    --
    -P
    "Programs that are hard to read are hard to modify.

    ( Kent Beck)

    PerfectDayToChaseTornados, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Ben

    Ben Guest

    "PerfectDayToChaseTornados" <> wrote in message news:<YhAad.28983$>...
    > "Ben" <> wrote in message
    > | So I know Tomcat is able to hot deploy but for some reason can't get
    > | mine to do it. I've installed several different versions on a few
    > | different computers and have "autoDeploy=true" in my server.xml file
    > | and I always have the same problem. What am I missing? (I'm running
    > | Tomcat on Windows)
    > |
    > | Ben
    >
    > I think that Tomcat only hot deploys exploded directories, not war files.
    > You can use the manager app or ant tasks to reload the war file.

    That's what I'm referring to - exploded directories. It won't hot
    deploy those. It only hot deploys JSP files for me, not class files.

    Ben, Oct 12, 2004