Why can't I see my project remotely?

Matthew Speed

I have a Windows 2000 test Server with VS.Net 2003 installed. I
created a VB project for the web that works fine. I wanted to work on
the project remotely so I fired up VS.Net 2003 on my workstation and
pointed it to http://myserver/dotnetapp VS connects okay but doesn't
see the .vbproj file so that I can click "Open" even though Windows
Explorer says it is there and the VS on the machine can open it.

(Out of cuiosity, why doesn't it ask for authentication when I try to
access the app?)

TIA

bill

I am also working my project remotely, the server is Win2000 Advanced
server with VS.Net 2003, the workstation is Win2000 Pro with VS.Net
2003, just type the url when open and type the password for server,
everything is Ok, no need to open a project file, and the WWWroot folder
is shared as wwwroot$. (I am working a C# project)

Matthew Speed

I am also working my project remotely, the server is Win2000 Advanced
server with VS.Net 2003, the workstation is Win2000 Pro with VS.Net
2003, just type the url when open and type the password for server,
everything is Ok, no need to open a project file, and the WWWroot folder
is shared as wwwroot$. (I am working a C# project)
I had already tried this. It turned out that I have both the 3702 and
4322 .Net Frameworks installed. When I uninstalled the 3702 the
problem went away.