Why connecting to remote JMS glassfish server is soooo slow?

askdolphin

Dear All,

I'm trying to set up the communication between the client and the
topic/queue located on a glassfish server remotely.

Here is the code I use:

props = new Properties();
props.put( Context.PROVIDER_URL, "iiop://173.24.56.356:3700" );
props.put( Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"com.sun.appserv.naming.S1ASCtxFactory" );

jndi = new InitialContext(props);
connectionFactory =
(ConnectionFactory)jndi.lookup( "myonnectionFactory" );
requestQueue = (Queue) jndi.lookup( "myRequestQueue" );

The problem is that whenever the client the launched, it takes about 2
mins to connect. At first, it shows sth such as:

com.sun.appserv.naming.RoundRobinPolicy
setClusterInstanceInfo
WARNING: NAM1005 : No Endpoints selected. Please specify using system
property com.sun.appserv.iiop.endpoints.
Apr 23, 2008 11:43:00 AM com.sun.appserv.naming.RoundRobinPolicy
getEndpointForProviderURL
WARNING: NAM1001: No Endpoints selected in
com.sun.appserv.iiop.endpoints property. Using JNDI Provider URL
iiop://localhost:3700 instead
Apr 23, 2008 11:43:01 AM com.sun.appserv.naming.RoundRobinPolicy
setClusterInstanceInfo
INFO: endpoint.weight after checking isWeight = 10
Apr 23, 2008 11:43:01 AM com.sun.appserv.naming.RoundRobinPolicy
setClusterInstanceInfo
INFO: sumOfAllWeights = 10

And then it just stuck there for 2 minutes before it continues.

Any ideas why it takes so long and how to fix it?

Thanks,

dolphin