Why crawler don't get to my aspx page unless the Work Process is started?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Nicolas, Jan 28, 2005.

  1. Nicolas

    Nicolas Guest

    I need HELP!!!!!
    The crawler (Google or other) don't index my web site unless the web site is
    currently visited
    If there is nobody visiting those .aspx page therefor activating the aspnet
    no crawler is going throught the site

    I play with the robots file the meta tag etc.
    Also played with the crawler class but no success

    Sub Application_BeginRequest(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
    Try
    If Request.Browser.Crawler Then
    Response.Redirect("index.htm")
    End If
    Catch ex As Exception
    End Try
    End Sub

    The problem with the above it always goes to the same page therefor not very
    efficient

    I'm running W2003 with II6 and Framework 1.1 sp1

    Thanks for your help please
    http://www.novadata.com

    Nicolas
    Nicolas, Jan 28, 2005