Why custom validation can not fire client event?

amanda.shen

Hi.

My custom validator-- DateDifferentValidator-- works smoothly on 2003.
But when vs.net 2005, the client event can not fire.

I find that there are some codes not generated by myself.

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var DateDifferenceValidator1 = document.all ?
document.all["DateDifferenceValidator1"] :
document.getElementById("DateDifferenceValidator1");
DateDifferenceValidator1.controltovalidate = "Date1";
DateDifferenceValidator1.errormessage = "DateDifferenceValidator";
DateDifferenceValidator1.evaluationfunction =
"CompareValidatorEvaluateIsValid";
// -->
</script>

so my client event is changed to
DateDifferenceValidator1.evaluationfunction =
"CompareValidatorEvaluateIsValid", not
"DateDifferenceValidator1_EvaluateIsValid" which is expected.

how to solve this problem.
Thanks.