Why custom validation can not fire client event?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by amanda.shen@grapecity.com, Jan 9, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi.

    My custom validator-- DateDifferentValidator-- works smoothly on 2003.
    But when vs.net 2005, the client event can not fire.

    I find that there are some codes not generated by myself.

    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    var DateDifferenceValidator1 = document.all ?
    document.all["DateDifferenceValidator1"] :
    document.getElementById("DateDifferenceValidator1");
    DateDifferenceValidator1.controltovalidate = "Date1";
    DateDifferenceValidator1.errormessage = "DateDifferenceValidator";
    DateDifferenceValidator1.evaluationfunction =
    "CompareValidatorEvaluateIsValid";
    // -->
    </script>

    so my client event is changed to
    DateDifferenceValidator1.evaluationfunction =
    "CompareValidatorEvaluateIsValid", not
    "DateDifferenceValidator1_EvaluateIsValid" which is expected.

    how to solve this problem.
    Thanks.
    , Jan 9, 2006