Why do I get stack overflow with this

Mark

Could someone please give me a hand?
I have created a navigation bar for a Web site I assist with.
Everything works fine if I use the files while offline, i.e., the files that I
created are sitting on my hard disk. But when I use the same files uploaded to
the site, I get 'stack overflow at line: 28' (or line 0 if I change the
advanced setting in IE options) whenever I mouseout of the navigation bar.
The site is:
www.sudburyminutemen.org/test_site/

I get the same errors when I use WinXP Home and Win2000 Pro.
Thanks.

VK

Win98 / IE 5.5 it does just fine
'stack overflow' means that you have created too many objects and vars,
or too large massive(s).
JavaScript's engine memory limitations is a huge secret, you cannot find
it anywhere on the Web.
Still these borders are very large now , the last "stack overflow" I
could get on Netscape 3.0 (Gold Edition) years and years ago.
I think it has something to do with the "hot debug" mode, when you have
a local copy, a remote copy, and continuously making reloads of both.
This may make the system a bit dizzy.

Vicomte De Valmont

Hi
On the site I got no errors. yet, the site has not just inline js but also
calls in a variety of external js files. It is impossible to locate them
this way, would imply persuing all your codes. You'd try to find yourself
the likely 'offending' snippet and post that possibly, that would grant more
replies and more on the point, ciao

PS a typical source of stack overflow is recursion: have you functions that
are recursive in your codes, that is functions that call themselves?
Alberto Vallini
http://www.unitedscripters.com/