    www.sudburyminutemen.org/test_site/

    I get the same errors when I use WinXP Home and Win2000 Pro.
    Thanks.
    Mark, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Mark

    VK Guest

    Win98 / IE 5.5 it does just fine
    'stack overflow' means that you have created too many objects and vars,
    or too large massive(s).
    JavaScript's engine memory limitations is a huge secret, you cannot find
    it anywhere on the Web.
    Still these borders are very large now , the last "stack overflow" I
    could get on Netscape 3.0 (Gold Edition) years and years ago.
    I think it has something to do with the "hot debug" mode, when you have
    a local copy, a remote copy, and continuously making reloads of both.
    This may make the system a bit dizzy.

    Mark <> wrote in message
    > Could someone please give me a hand?
    > I have created a navigation bar for a Web site I assist with.
    > Everything works fine if I use the files while offline, i.e., the

    files that I
    > created are sitting on my hard disk. But when I use the same files

    uploaded to
    > the site, I get 'stack overflow at line: 28' (or line 0 if I change

    the
    > advanced setting in IE options) whenever I mouseout of the navigation

    bar.

    VK, Oct 28, 2003

  3. Hi
    On the site I got no errors. yet, the site has not just inline js but also
    calls in a variety of external js files. It is impossible to locate them
    this way, would imply persuing all your codes. You'd try to find yourself
    the likely 'offending' snippet and post that possibly, that would grant more
    replies and more on the point, ciao

    PS a typical source of stack overflow is recursion: have you functions that
    are recursive in your codes, that is functions that call themselves?
    Alberto Vallini
    http://www.unitedscripters.com/

    Vicomte De Valmont, Oct 28, 2003