Why does embed make my page refresh/load twice?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Chris Tomlinson, May 31, 2006.

  1. Hi all, I hope someone is able to help me out with a small problem with this
    page:
    http://www.superhighstreet.com/George-Street-Richmond/index.shtml

    I have a small iframe (mid-right) with an embedded audio player.

    <embed src="slideshow/streetsound.mp3"
    width="75" height="25"
    autostart="true"
    loop="true">

    Nothing fancy, however with that in there, the page seems to load twice in
    IE. It fetches the SSI header, then clears it, then loads the rest of the
    page 'behind the scenes', then finally displays it.

    If I remove the embed, it loads the page bit by bit and you can start
    reading before the rest of the page is done, which is what is desired for
    obvious reasons.

    Any idea why embed causes this? Works fine in FF etc.
    --
    Thanks,
    Me

    I recommend www.Superhighstreet.com/home Finds anything or they pay for it!

    Chris Tomlinson, May 31, 2006

  2. Chris Tomlinson

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, May 31, 2006

  3. Anyone able to solve this challenge? :) ...

    Chris Tomlinson, Jun 1, 2006
  4. Chris Tomlinson

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Chris Tomlinson wrote:
    > Hi all, I hope someone is able to help me out with a small problem with this
    > page:
    > http://www.superhighstreet.com/George-Street-Richmond/index.shtml
    >
    > I have a small iframe (mid-right) with an embedded audio player.
    >
    > <embed src="slideshow/streetsound.mp3"
    > width="75" height="25"
    > autostart="true"
    > loop="true">
    >
    > Nothing fancy, however with that in there, the page seems to load twice in
    > IE. It fetches the SSI header, then clears it, then loads the rest of the
    > page 'behind the scenes', then finally displays it.
    >
    > If I remove the embed, it loads the page bit by bit and you can start
    > reading before the rest of the page is done, which is what is desired for
    > obvious reasons.
    >
    > Any idea why embed causes this? Works fine in FF etc.

    Don't know "why" but it does that here. Also, the "loop" parameter here
    does not work on Mozilla-based browsers (SeaMonkey and Firefox). the
    ..mp3 file plays once and stops. Not sure why.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jun 1, 2006