Why does IO::Pipe::END generate an EXCEPT pipe message?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by lvirden@gmail.com, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Guest

    I've inherited a massive system which is written mostly
    in perl. I'm slowing trying to figure out what the code is
    doing.

    Anyways, I keep seeing messages like this in the log file
    that the application is creating.

    IO::pipe::End=GLOB(0x1c31624): EXCEPT pipe 0

    I don't see anything in the application that would create this message,
    but also, after googling for the message on both usenet and the regular
    net, I don't see any mention of it either.

    Does this message look familar to anyone? I'm trying to figure out
    whether it is some sort of informatory message, a warning, an error, or
    what...

  2. Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth :

    > I've inherited a massive system which is written mostly
    > in perl. I'm slowing trying to figure out what the code is
    > doing.
    >
    > Anyways, I keep seeing messages like this in the log file
    > that the application is creating.
    >
    > IO::pipe::End=GLOB(0x1c31625): EXCEPT pipe 0
    >
    > I don't see anything in the application that would create this message,
    > but also, after googling for the message on both usenet and the regular
    > net, I don't see any mention of it either.

    This message is what you would get if you printed out one of the ends of
    an IO::pipe. The ': EXCEPT pipe' bit is almost certainly in the source
    literally, so you can search for that to find where the message is
    coming from.

    Ben

    --
    Like all men in Babylon I have been a proconsul; like all, a slave ... During
    one lunar year, I have been declared invisible; I shrieked and was not heard,
    Ben Morrow, Jun 2, 2004