Why does is this highlighting in Firefox

Astroboy

Hi there.

I'm creating a site which I modified a wordpress Template for the
client. However, for some reason all the areas with potential links
highlight in Red. And it doesn't in Explorer. The it appears in
Explorer is how it is properly supposed to be.

The website is at :

http://www.chaudharylaw.com/new-site/

Any ideas as to why it could be looking all wonky in firefox?

The CSS is below :

/*
Theme Name: Cloudy
Theme URI:
www.aoemedia.de">AOE

media GmbH</a>. Cloudy is a beautiful simple blog theme, designed for
commercial

and more technical blogs. Now also widget ready.
Version: 1.63
Author: AOE media GmbH
Author URI: http://www.aoemedia.de
Tags: two-columns, fixed-width, blue, custom-header
By downloading and using this theme, you agree to the following
terms:
- All variations of this theme have to remain GPL
- You may use this theme for personal or commercial projects
- You may modify, translate or distribute

For support requests please contact: wordpress(at)aoemedia.com.
Requests through

other channels (website etc.) can unfortunately not be responded to.

*/

/* Reset styles
*******************************/
html, body, div, span,iframe,
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre,
a, abbr, acronym, address, cite, code,
del, dfn, em, font, ins,strong,ol, ul, li,
fieldset, form, label, legend,
table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
border: 0;
outline: 0;
font-weight: inherit;
font-style: inherit;
font-size: 100%;
font-family: inherit;
vertical-align: baseline;
}
:focus {
outline: 0;
}
body {
line-height: 1;
color: black;
background: white;
}
ol, ul {
list-style: none;
}
table {
border-collapse: collapse;
border-spacing: 0;
}
caption, th, td {
text-align: left;
font-weight: normal;
}

/* Main styles
*******************************/
html {
height: 100%;
margin-bottom: 1px;/* force vertical scrollbars */
}

body {
background:url(img/body.jpg) 0 0 repeat #dff4ff;
color: #646464;
font-size: 75%;
text-align: left;
}

/* Default fonts
*******************************/
body,
input,
select { font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; }
textarea,
pre,
code { font-family:"Courier New", Courier, monospace; }

/* Header elements
*******************************/
h1,
h2,
h3,
h4,
h5,
h6 {
font-weight:normal;
font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

h1 {
font-size: 2.5em;
color:#fff;
line-height:1;
}
h2 {
font-size: 1.5em;
}

h3 {
font-size: 1.5em;
padding-bottom:1em;
color:#518cb1;
}
h4 { font-size: 1.3em; }
h5 { font-size: 1.2em; }
h6 { font-size: 1.1em; }

/* Text elements
*******************************/
p { margin: 0 0 1em 0; text-align: left; line-height:1.2;

}
p.last { margin-bottom:0; }
p.first { margin-top:1em; }
p.img { float: left; margin:0 1em 1em 0; padding:0; }

blockquote {
margin:0 0 1em 1em;
padding-left:1em;
border-left:2px solid #B8E0FA;
}
strong { font-weight: bold; }
em { font-style: italic; }
pre { border: 1px solid #ddd; margin-bottom: 1.2em; padding:
1.2em; }
ins { text-decoration:none; } /*remove underline from text*/
del { text-decoration:line-through; }

dl {
line-height:1.2;
margin-bottom:1.2em;
}

hr {
color: #fff;
background:transparent;
margin: 0 0 0.5em 0;
padding: 0 0 0.5em 0;
border:0;
border-bottom: 1px #000 dotted;
}

/*links*/
a:link,
a:visited,
a:focus,
a:hover,
a:active { color: #518cb1; text-decoration: underline;
cursor:pointer; }

a:hover {}
a:visited {}

a:active,
a:focus { outline: 0; } /*remove border in ff*/

/* decorate lists in posts */
#content .post ul,
#content .post ol {
margin: 0 0 1em 2em;

#content .post ul {
list-style-type:disc;
}

#content .post ol {
list-style-type:decimal;
}

#content .post ul li,
#content .post ol li {
line-height:2;
}

/* Images
*******************************/
img { outline:0;border:0; }

/* Form styles
*******************************/
input,
select,
textarea {
font-size:1.0em;/*by default font-size is bigger*/
vertical-align:baseline;
}

input.text,
input.file { cursor:text; }

input.button {
cursor:pointer;
color:#fefefe;
border:0;
background:url(img/header-search-button.gif) 0 0 repeat-x;
font-weight:bold;
padding:1px 12px;
text-align:center;
height:19px;
}

input.radio,
input.checkbox { border: 0;padding: 0; }

/* Wordpress aligning
*******************************/
..aligncenter,
div.aligncenter {
display: block;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}

..alignleft {
float:left;
margin: 0 1em 1em 0;
}

..alignright {
float: right;
margin: 0 0 1em 1em;
}

..wp-caption img {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
border: 0 none;
}

..wp-caption {
border:1px solid #eee;
text-align:center;
padding-top:4px;
}
..wp-caption p.wp-caption-text {
font-size:.92em;
text-align:center;
}

/* Text align
*******************************/
..t-right { text-align: right; }
..t-left { text-align: left; }
..t-center { text-align: center; }
..t-justify { text-align: justify; }

/* Other
*******************************/
..clear:after {
content: ".";
display: block;
height: 0;
clear: both;
visibility: hidden
}

..zoom {
overflow:hidden;
}

/* Main styles
*******************************/
#root {
width: 980px;
margin: 24px auto 0 auto;
padding-bottom: 24px;
}

/* Header
*******************************/
#header {
overflow: hidden;
}

#header .menu,
#header .search {
background:url(img/header-menu-back.gif) 0 0 repeat-x #5B94BE;
}

#header .menu {
float:left;
width:667px;
height:28px;
padding:10px 20px;
}

#header .menu li {
float:left;
background:url(img/header-menu-delim.gif) 100% 0 no-repeat;
}

#header .menu li.last {
background:none;
}

#header .menu a {
color:#fefefe;
font-weight:bold;
padding:0 14px;
display:block;
line-height:2.2;
}

#header .menu a:hover {
text-decoration:none;
}

#header .search {
width:236px;
height:20px;
float:right;
padding:14px 16px;
font-size:0.92em;
}

#header .search label {
color:#fff;
padding-right:8px;
}

#header .search input.text {
width:122px;
border:1px solid #5286ab;
border-right:0;
border-bottom:0;
background:#ecf0f2;
padding:2px;
color:#34668a;
margin-right:8px;
}

#header .search input.button {
color:#fefefe;
border:0;
background:url(img/header-search-button.gif) 0 0 repeat-x;
font-weight:bold;
width:51px;
padding:1px 0;
text-align:center;
height:19px;
}

#heading {
margin-top:4px;
width:551px;
float:left;
clear:both;
height:134px;

}

#heading a {
color:#fff;
text-decoration:none;
}

#heading .description {
color:#fff;
}

#about {
margin-top:4px;
width:232px;
height:164px;
overflow:hidden;
float:right;
background:url(img/header-about-back.gif) 0 0 repeat-y #f9fdff;
padding:18px;
}

#about .signature {
text-align:right;
margin:0;
}

#main {
margin-top:4px;
clear:both;
overflow:hidden;
}

#left-block {
width:216px;
float:left;
}

#left-block .box {
background:#fff;
padding:18px;
margin-bottom:4px;
}

#left-block .box h2 {
padding-bottom:16px;
}

#left-block .box ul {
font-size:1.17em;
}

#left-block .box ul.children {
padding-top:8px;
font-size:1em;
}

#left-block .box li {
padding:4px 0;
padding-left:20px;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:0 6px;
background-image:url(img/cat.gif);
}

#left-block .box li.current-cat {
font-weight:bold;
}

#left-block .categories li {

}

#left-block .archive li {
background-image:url(img/cal.gif);
}

#left-block .blogroll li,
#left-block .meta li {
background-image:url(img/arrow.gif);
}

..box input.text {
border:1px solid #5286ab;
border-right:0;
border-bottom:0;
background:#ecf0f2;
padding:2px;
color:#34668a;
width:110px;
font-size:.92em;
}

..box input.button {
font-size:.92em;
width:48px;
}

..box .tags {
line-height:1.4;
}

..box .textwidget {
font-size:.92em;
line-height:1.4;
}

#left-block #recentcomments {
font-size:.92em;
}

#left-block #recentcomments li {
background:none;
padding-left:0;
}

#wp-calendar {
width:180px;
font-size:.92em;
}

#wp-calendar caption {
padding:0 0 4px 0;
font-weight:bold;
}

#wp-calendar th,
#wp-calendar td {
padding:2px;
text-align:center;
}

#wp-calendar thead th {
background:#eee;
}

#wp-calendar #prev {
text-align:left;
padding-top:4px;
}

#wp-calendar #next {
text-align:right;
padding-top:4px;
}

/* Content
*******************************/
#main-block {
width:760px;
float:right;
}

#content {
padding:18px;
background:#fff;
min-height:400px;
height:auto!important;
height:400px;
}

#content .post {
overflow:hidden;
margin-bottom:18px;
clear:both;
}

#content .entry a {
color:#e08105;
}

#content .date {
float:left;
width:54px;
height:43px;
padding-top:11px;
background:url(img/post-date.gif) 0 0 no-repeat;
color:#669abb;
font-size:1.67em;
text-align:center;
margin: 0 0 20px 0;
text-transform:uppercase;
}

#content .date span {
font-size:0.65em;
display:block;
}

#content .title,
#content .postdata {
margin-left:74px;
}

#content .page .title {
margin-left:0;
}

#content .title h2 {
background:url(img/post-title-border.gif) 0 100% repeat-x;
padding-bottom:8px;
margin-bottom:8px;
}

#content .title a {
text-decoration:none;
color:#265a8b;
}

#content .title a:hover {
color:#518cb1;
}

#content .postdata {
font-size:0.92em;
}

#content .category {
background:url(img/cat.gif) 0 1px no-repeat;
padding-bottom:1px;
padding-left:20px;
float: left;
}

#content .comments {
background:url(img/comment.gif) 0 1px no-repeat;
padding-bottom:1px;
padding-left:20px;
float: right;
}

#content .category,
#content .category a {
color:#91adc1;
}

#content .entry {
clear:both;
}

#content .entry .more-link {
font-weight:bold;
color:#518cb1;
}

#recent {
margin-top:4px;
background:#e7f5fe;
overflow:hidden;
}

#recent .posts,
#recent .comments {
width:312px;
padding:24px 32px;
}

#recent .posts {
float:left;
}

#recent .comments {
float:right;
}

#recent .posts ul,
#recent .comments ul {
font-size:.92em;
line-height:1.2;
}

#recent .posts li,
#recent .comments li {
margin-bottom:1.1em;
}

#recent .posts li a {
font-weight:bold;
}

#recent .comments li .author {
font-size:0.91em;
line-height:1.4;
}

#recent .comments li a {
text-decoration:none;
}

#leavecomment {
padding-top:1em;
}

..comments-list .avatar {
margin-bottom:4px;
}

..comments-list li {
padding:18px;
line-height:1.2;
}

..comments-list li.graybox {
background:#f5f5f5;
}

..comments-list cite {
font-weight:bold;
font-style:normal;
}

..comments-list small {
font-size:.83em;
}

..comments-list .comment {
margin-top:8px;
}

#commentform input.text,
#commentform textarea {
border:1px solid #5286ab;
border-right:0;
border-bottom:0;
background:#ecf0f2;
padding:2px;
color:#34668a;
}

#commentform input.text {
width:200px;
}

#commentform textarea {
width:600px;
}

/* Footer
*******************************/
#footer {
margin-top:4px;
padding:4px 32px;
font-size:.92em;
overflow:auto;
line-height:1.2;

}

#footer img {
vertical-align:middle;
}

#footer .copyright {
float:left;
}

#footer .links {
float:right;
}

#footer .links a {
padding-left:16px;
margin-left:16px;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:0 1px;
}

#footer .rss {
background-image:url(img/rss.gif);
}

#footer .login {
background-image:url(img/login.gif);
}

#footer a.powered {
padding:0;

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Astroboy <[email protected]>
writing in 31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com:
I'm creating a site which I modified a wordpress Template for the
client. However, for some reason all the areas with potential links
highlight in Red. And it doesn't in Explorer. The it appears in
Explorer is how it is properly supposed to be.

Are you using the SEO extension for Firefox? If you turn it off, your
links will not be red anymore.

Astroboy

Yes that was it!

LOL...Boy do I feel stupid, I don't really use firefox that much, only
for testing purposes...

Thanks for your help :)

Travis Newbury

On Sep 24, 11:09 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <[email protected]>
wrote:
 >         font-size: 75%;
                    ^^^
... and wish more deziner's wouldn't perpetuate this practice... Ah yes,
lawyers so it must be fine-print!

First we are not allows to specify a font size, and now we shouldn't
even try to make different sized text at all? Maybe we should just
have one font and one size for text and only use black and white for
colors. And who the hell needs images, audio, or video. And Flash...
well we need not even talk about the evils of that...

John Hosking

On Sep 24, 11:09 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" wrote:
 >         font-size: 75%;

First we are not allows to specify a font size, and now we shouldn't
even try to make different sized text at all?

At the risk of being heckled for not understanding your humorous sarcasm, I
have to speak up in agreement with Jonathan. The 75% declaration was in the
ruleset for *body*, so the whole thing is starting off 1/4 too small.

But since you snipped the body selector, I have to guess you're
intentionally pretending to misunderstand or to refute Jonathan's argument
with tongue in cheek. Er, right?

Jonathan N. Little

Sherm said:
WTF are you babbling about? No one suggested anything even remotely
close to that. Grow up.

It is a long and ongoing difference of web design philosophy...

dorayme

"Jonathan N. Little said:
It is a long and ongoing difference of web design philosophy...

I suppose the idea of body: font-size: 75%; *could* be elevated to the
idea of a difference in philosophy. Usually there must be some sort of
intelligent or vaguely intellectual idea behind the difference. So I am
not sure you are right Jonathan. But...

What could be the idea?

"We make websites that use the most advanced design techniques. We start
with that nothing should be readable from the word go, nothing as a
matter of principle! While this might seem counter-intuitive, it
actually sets a very compelling tension as the curtain goes up. The
audience is very nervous, agitated, they have come to read and not work
too hard, what is in store for them?

"The curtain goes up and there is an h1 {font-size: 150%} heading, all
bold like and actually readable. A huge sigh of relief from the punters
will be heard. They have been given a readable morsel, they are now
*enormously grateful* and a few more crumbs of readability here and
there and we have them in our grips! They will accept almost anything
now.

"They will buy anything you offer them now in this mesmerized state..."

Neredbojias

**** off asshole

Hehe. Your light humor always gives me a chuckle in a dark way. But to
get down to bras tax, Sherm and Jonathun are correct; you were just
soapboxing for Flash or something.

Jonathan N. Little

dorayme said:
"The curtain goes up and there is an h1 {font-size: 150%} heading, all
bold like and actually readable. A huge sigh of relief from the punters
will be heard. They have been given a readable morsel, they are now
*enormously grateful* and a few more crumbs of readability here and
there and we have them in our grips! They will accept almost anything
now.

"They will buy anything you offer them now in this mesmerized state..."

And how will they know the price when it looks like
........... .... ..... ........ ...... .... ....... ......... ..... ..
.......... ... ... .... ..... ..... ..... ..... .. .... ..... .... ...
... ..... .... ..... ..... ...... ...... ....... .... . ... .. . .. ..

Oh, maybe that is the strategy!

dorayme

"Jonathan N. Little said:
And how will they know the price when it looks like
.......... .... ..... ........ ...... .... ....... ......... ..... ..
......... ... ... .... ..... ..... ..... ..... .. .... ..... .... ...
.. ..... .... ..... ..... ...... ...... ....... .... . ... .. . .. ..

Oh, maybe that is the strategy!

Or that if there is anything they can read, they are too grateful and
shocked and suckers for anything... the price would be 200% <g>

dorayme

Ed Mullen <[email protected]> said:
Make them too expensive and women won't wear them! I like it!

Do me a favour Ed, next time you are hurdling, leave your pants and jock
strap at the start line, and then make a choice: proceed carefully and
lose the race or go for it and lose your balls.

dorayme

Ed Mullen <[email protected]> said:
However, there will be no more hurdling in my life. 40+ years ago I got
a varsity letter in cross country in high school. I figure I've about
run as much as I gonna in one lifetime.

There's always the Senior's Olympics, old sport. While you are
investigating it, tell the webmaster for

<http://www.2009seniorgames.org/>

that it is a poor show to let a float drop at so wide a browser...

dorayme

[QUOTE="Ed Mullen said:
Do me a favour Ed, next time you are hurdling, leave your pants and jock
strap at the start line, and then make a choice: proceed carefully and
lose the race or go for it and lose your balls.

By the way, as a Martian of the opposite sex, [/QUOTE]

The beings from the planet I come from are sexless. Sexy maybe, but
having a sex, no. While not nothings, they are things.
I meant to ask you
something. ... boob ...

I don't know, here boobs are tits, we keep it simple.
Hmm. Looks good to me here. Not sure what you're referring to without
diving into the markup.

Just make your browser narrower."at so wide as" refers to a reasonable
width like 800px.

Peter

By the way, as a Martian of the opposite sex, I meant to ask you
something. I was having a discussion with a female (human) friend of
mine the other day about language and idiom, particularly in the USA
regionally.

The topic was boobs. I called someone a boob and then said: "Well,
that is much too kind a word to use to describe him. I mean, boob is a
good thing!"

To which she replied (I'm from Pennsylvania she's from Texas
originally): "Well, I always heard it as "boobie."

So I got to thinking, is "boob" or "boobie" used in other countries? I
mean, slang and idiom can be so different from culture to culture. Just
curious.
A boob in UK can mean mistake. "I've made a bit of a boob!". Boob is
also a shortened Boobie, or breast. And Boobie is obviously a bird. To
describe someone as a boob, although I've heard it, is quite rare over
here.

dorayme

Peter said:
A boob in UK can mean mistake. "I've made a bit of a boob!". Boob is
also a shortened Boobie, or breast. And Boobie is obviously a bird. To
describe someone as a boob, although I've heard it, is quite rare over
here.

It is like that here really. I was not attending closely and wished to
pass over the subject. I was mildly entertained by the idea of Ed
Mullen, without the useful male harness, having trouble as he leapt at
speed over the sharpish edges of an athletic hurdle stand.

Neredbojias

bras tax? Obama's imposed a new tax on bras? Ok, now there's a good
idea! Make them too expensive and women won't wear them! I like it!

It's just an expression meaning "to get down to the bare facts". I'm a
crotch-man, myself, but, disappointingly, there ain't no expression
like "to get down to panty tax". Of course, one could always try to
popularize a new idiom but I'm afraid the idiots of the world just
wouldn't get it (-like they're getting anything now...) Anyway, I was
simply meaning to put Travis' tantrum to rights with a response of calm
beneficence.