Why does is this highlighting in Firefox

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Astroboy, Sep 24, 2009.

  1. Astroboy

    Astroboy Guest

    Hi there.

    I'm creating a site which I modified a wordpress Template for the
    client. However, for some reason all the areas with potential links
    highlight in Red. And it doesn't in Explorer. The it appears in
    Explorer is how it is properly supposed to be.

    The website is at :

    http://www.chaudharylaw.com/new-site/

    Any ideas as to why it could be looking all wonky in firefox?

    The CSS is below :

    /*
    Theme Name: Cloudy
    Theme URI:
    www.aoemedia.de">AOE

    media GmbH</a>. Cloudy is a beautiful simple blog theme, designed for
    commercial

    and more technical blogs. Now also widget ready.
    Version: 1.63
    Author: AOE media GmbH
    Author URI: http://www.aoemedia.de
    Tags: two-columns, fixed-width, blue, custom-header
    By downloading and using this theme, you agree to the following
    terms:
    - All variations of this theme have to remain GPL
    - You may use this theme for personal or commercial projects
    - You may modify, translate or distribute

    For support requests please contact: wordpress(at)aoemedia.com.
    Requests through

    other channels (website etc.) can unfortunately not be responded to.

    */

    /* Reset styles
    *******************************/
    html, body, div, span,iframe,
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre,
    a, abbr, acronym, address, cite, code,
    del, dfn, em, font, ins,strong,ol, ul, li,
    fieldset, form, label, legend,
    table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    border: 0;
    outline: 0;
    font-weight: inherit;
    font-style: inherit;
    font-size: 100%;
    font-family: inherit;
    vertical-align: baseline;
    }
    :focus {
    outline: 0;
    }
    body {
    line-height: 1;
    color: black;
    background: white;
    }
    ol, ul {
    list-style: none;
    }
    table {
    border-collapse: collapse;
    border-spacing: 0;
    }
    caption, th, td {
    text-align: left;
    font-weight: normal;
    }

    /* Main styles
    *******************************/
    html {
    height: 100%;
    margin-bottom: 1px;/* force vertical scrollbars */
    }

    body {
    background:url(img/body.jpg) 0 0 repeat #dff4ff;
    color: #646464;
    font-size: 75%;
    text-align: left;
    }

    /* Default fonts
    *******************************/
    body,
    input,
    select { font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; }
    textarea,
    pre,
    code { font-family:"Courier New", Courier, monospace; }

    /* Header elements
    *******************************/
    h1,
    h2,
    h3,
    h4,
    h5,
    h6 {
    font-weight:normal;
    font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    }

    h1 {
    font-size: 2.5em;
    color:#fff;
    line-height:1;
    }
    h2 {
    font-size: 1.5em;
    }

    h3 {
    font-size: 1.5em;
    padding-bottom:1em;
    color:#518cb1;
    }
    h4 { font-size: 1.3em; }
    h5 { font-size: 1.2em; }
    h6 { font-size: 1.1em; }

    /* Text elements
    *******************************/
    p { margin: 0 0 1em 0; text-align: left; line-height:1.2;

    }
    p.last { margin-bottom:0; }
    p.first { margin-top:1em; }
    p.img { float: left; margin:0 1em 1em 0; padding:0; }

    blockquote {
    margin:0 0 1em 1em;
    padding-left:1em;
    border-left:2px solid #B8E0FA;
    }
    strong { font-weight: bold; }
    em { font-style: italic; }
    pre { border: 1px solid #ddd; margin-bottom: 1.2em; padding:
    1.2em; }
    ins { text-decoration:none; } /*remove underline from text*/
    del { text-decoration:line-through; }

    dl {
    line-height:1.2;
    margin-bottom:1.2em;
    }

    hr {
    color: #fff;
    background:transparent;
    margin: 0 0 0.5em 0;
    padding: 0 0 0.5em 0;
    border:0;
    border-bottom: 1px #000 dotted;
    }

    /*links*/
    a:link,
    a:visited,
    a:focus,
    a:hover,
    a:active { color: #518cb1; text-decoration: underline;
    cursor:pointer; }

    a:hover {}
    a:visited {}

    a:active,
    a:focus { outline: 0; } /*remove border in ff*/

    /* decorate lists in posts */
    #content .post ul,
    #content .post ol {
    margin: 0 0 1em 2em;

    #content .post ul {
    list-style-type:disc;
    }

    #content .post ol {
    list-style-type:decimal;
    }

    #content .post ul li,
    #content .post ol li {
    line-height:2;
    }

    /* Images
    *******************************/
    img { outline:0;border:0; }

    /* Form styles
    *******************************/
    input,
    select,
    textarea {
    font-size:1.0em;/*by default font-size is bigger*/
    vertical-align:baseline;
    }

    input.text,
    input.file { cursor:text; }

    input.button {
    cursor:pointer;
    color:#fefefe;
    border:0;
    background:url(img/header-search-button.gif) 0 0 repeat-x;
    font-weight:bold;
    padding:1px 12px;
    text-align:center;
    height:19px;
    }

    input.radio,
    input.checkbox { border: 0;padding: 0; }

    /* Wordpress aligning
    *******************************/
    ..aligncenter,
    div.aligncenter {
    display: block;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    }

    ..alignleft {
    float:left;
    margin: 0 1em 1em 0;
    }

    ..alignright {
    float: right;
    margin: 0 0 1em 1em;
    }

    ..wp-caption img {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    border: 0 none;
    }

    ..wp-caption {
    border:1px solid #eee;
    text-align:center;
    padding-top:4px;
    }
    ..wp-caption p.wp-caption-text {
    font-size:.92em;
    text-align:center;
    }

    /* Text align
    *******************************/
    ..t-right { text-align: right; }
    ..t-left { text-align: left; }
    ..t-center { text-align: center; }
    ..t-justify { text-align: justify; }

    /* Other
    *******************************/
    ..clear:after {
    content: ".";
    display: block;
    height: 0;
    clear: both;
    visibility: hidden
    }

    ..zoom {
    overflow:hidden;
    }

    /* Main styles
    *******************************/
    #root {
    width: 980px;
    margin: 24px auto 0 auto;
    padding-bottom: 24px;
    }

    /* Header
    *******************************/
    #header {
    overflow: hidden;
    }

    #header .menu,
    #header .search {
    background:url(img/header-menu-back.gif) 0 0 repeat-x #5B94BE;
    }

    #header .menu {
    float:left;
    width:667px;
    height:28px;
    padding:10px 20px;
    }

    #header .menu li {
    float:left;
    background:url(img/header-menu-delim.gif) 100% 0 no-repeat;
    }

    #header .menu li.last {
    background:none;
    }

    #header .menu a {
    color:#fefefe;
    font-weight:bold;
    padding:0 14px;
    display:block;
    line-height:2.2;
    }

    #header .menu a:hover {
    text-decoration:none;
    }

    #header .search {
    width:236px;
    height:20px;
    float:right;
    padding:14px 16px;
    font-size:0.92em;
    }

    #header .search label {
    color:#fff;
    padding-right:8px;
    }

    #header .search input.text {
    width:122px;
    border:1px solid #5286ab;
    border-right:0;
    border-bottom:0;
    background:#ecf0f2;
    padding:2px;
    color:#34668a;
    margin-right:8px;
    }

    #header .search input.button {
    color:#fefefe;
    border:0;
    background:url(img/header-search-button.gif) 0 0 repeat-x;
    font-weight:bold;
    width:51px;
    padding:1px 0;
    text-align:center;
    height:19px;
    }

    #heading {
    margin-top:4px;
    width:551px;
    float:left;
    clear:both;
    height:134px;

    }

    #heading a {
    color:#fff;
    text-decoration:none;
    }

    #heading .description {
    color:#fff;
    }

    #about {
    margin-top:4px;
    width:232px;
    height:164px;
    overflow:hidden;
    float:right;
    background:url(img/header-about-back.gif) 0 0 repeat-y #f9fdff;
    padding:18px;
    }

    #about .signature {
    text-align:right;
    margin:0;
    }

    #main {
    margin-top:4px;
    clear:both;
    overflow:hidden;
    }

    #left-block {
    width:216px;
    float:left;
    }

    #left-block .box {
    background:#fff;
    padding:18px;
    margin-bottom:4px;
    }

    #left-block .box h2 {
    padding-bottom:16px;
    }

    #left-block .box ul {
    font-size:1.17em;
    }

    #left-block .box ul.children {
    padding-top:8px;
    font-size:1em;
    }

    #left-block .box li {
    padding:4px 0;
    padding-left:20px;
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    background-position:0 6px;
    background-image:url(img/cat.gif);
    }

    #left-block .box li.current-cat {
    font-weight:bold;
    }

    #left-block .categories li {

    }

    #left-block .archive li {
    background-image:url(img/cal.gif);
    }

    #left-block .blogroll li,
    #left-block .meta li {
    background-image:url(img/arrow.gif);
    }

    ..box input.text {
    border:1px solid #5286ab;
    border-right:0;
    border-bottom:0;
    background:#ecf0f2;
    padding:2px;
    color:#34668a;
    width:110px;
    font-size:.92em;
    }

    ..box input.button {
    font-size:.92em;
    width:48px;
    }

    ..box .tags {
    line-height:1.4;
    }

    ..box .textwidget {
    font-size:.92em;
    line-height:1.4;
    }

    #left-block #recentcomments {
    font-size:.92em;
    }

    #left-block #recentcomments li {
    background:none;
    padding-left:0;
    }

    #wp-calendar {
    width:180px;
    font-size:.92em;
    }

    #wp-calendar caption {
    padding:0 0 4px 0;
    font-weight:bold;
    }

    #wp-calendar th,
    #wp-calendar td {
    padding:2px;
    text-align:center;
    }

    #wp-calendar thead th {
    background:#eee;
    }

    #wp-calendar #prev {
    text-align:left;
    padding-top:4px;
    }

    #wp-calendar #next {
    text-align:right;
    padding-top:4px;
    }

    /* Content
    *******************************/
    #main-block {
    width:760px;
    float:right;
    }

    #content {
    padding:18px;
    background:#fff;
    min-height:400px;
    height:auto!important;
    height:400px;
    }

    #content .post {
    overflow:hidden;
    margin-bottom:18px;
    clear:both;
    }

    #content .entry a {
    color:#e08105;
    }

    #content .date {
    float:left;
    width:54px;
    height:43px;
    padding-top:11px;
    background:url(img/post-date.gif) 0 0 no-repeat;
    color:#669abb;
    font-size:1.67em;
    text-align:center;
    margin: 0 0 20px 0;
    text-transform:uppercase;
    }

    #content .date span {
    font-size:0.65em;
    display:block;
    }

    #content .title,
    #content .postdata {
    margin-left:74px;
    }

    #content .page .title {
    margin-left:0;
    }

    #content .title h2 {
    background:url(img/post-title-border.gif) 0 100% repeat-x;
    padding-bottom:8px;
    margin-bottom:8px;
    }

    #content .title a {
    text-decoration:none;
    color:#265a8b;
    }

    #content .title a:hover {
    color:#518cb1;
    }

    #content .postdata {
    font-size:0.92em;
    }

    #content .category {
    background:url(img/cat.gif) 0 1px no-repeat;
    padding-bottom:1px;
    padding-left:20px;
    float: left;
    }

    #content .comments {
    background:url(img/comment.gif) 0 1px no-repeat;
    padding-bottom:1px;
    padding-left:20px;
    float: right;
    }

    #content .category,
    #content .category a {
    color:#91adc1;
    }

    #content .entry {
    clear:both;
    }

    #content .entry .more-link {
    font-weight:bold;
    color:#518cb1;
    }

    #recent {
    margin-top:4px;
    background:#e7f5fe;
    overflow:hidden;
    }

    #recent .posts,
    #recent .comments {
    width:312px;
    padding:24px 32px;
    }

    #recent .posts {
    float:left;
    }

    #recent .comments {
    float:right;
    }

    #recent .posts ul,
    #recent .comments ul {
    font-size:.92em;
    line-height:1.2;
    }

    #recent .posts li,
    #recent .comments li {
    margin-bottom:1.1em;
    }

    #recent .posts li a {
    font-weight:bold;
    }

    #recent .comments li .author {
    font-size:0.91em;
    line-height:1.4;
    }

    #recent .comments li a {
    text-decoration:none;
    }

    #leavecomment {
    padding-top:1em;
    }

    ..comments-list .avatar {
    margin-bottom:4px;
    }

    ..comments-list li {
    padding:18px;
    line-height:1.2;
    }

    ..comments-list li.graybox {
    background:#f5f5f5;
    }

    ..comments-list cite {
    font-weight:bold;
    font-style:normal;
    }

    ..comments-list small {
    font-size:.83em;
    }

    ..comments-list .comment {
    margin-top:8px;
    }

    #commentform input.text,
    #commentform textarea {
    border:1px solid #5286ab;
    border-right:0;
    border-bottom:0;
    background:#ecf0f2;
    padding:2px;
    color:#34668a;
    }

    #commentform input.text {
    width:200px;
    }

    #commentform textarea {
    width:600px;
    }

    /* Footer
    *******************************/
    #footer {
    margin-top:4px;
    padding:4px 32px;
    font-size:.92em;
    overflow:auto;
    line-height:1.2;

    }

    #footer img {
    vertical-align:middle;
    }

    #footer .copyright {
    float:left;
    }

    #footer .links {
    float:right;
    }

    #footer .links a {
    padding-left:16px;
    margin-left:16px;
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    background-position:0 1px;
    }

    #footer .rss {
    background-image:url(img/rss.gif);
    }

    #footer .login {
    background-image:url(img/login.gif);
    }

    #footer a.powered {
    padding:0;
    }
    Astroboy, Sep 24, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Astroboy <>
    writing in news:47a6e16d-6add-4f16-ad30-a3d9f9652396@
    31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com:

    > I'm creating a site which I modified a wordpress Template for the
    > client. However, for some reason all the areas with potential links
    > highlight in Red. And it doesn't in Explorer. The it appears in
    > Explorer is how it is properly supposed to be.

    Are you using the SEO extension for Firefox? If you turn it off, your
    links will not be red anymore.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Sep 24, 2009

  3. Astroboy

    Astroboy Guest

    Yes that was it!

    LOL...Boy do I feel stupid, I don't really use firefox that much, only
    for testing purposes...

    Thanks for your help :)

    Astroboy, Sep 24, 2009
  4. On Sep 24, 11:09 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <>
    wrote:
     >         font-size: 75%;
    >                     ^^^
    > ... and wish more deziner's wouldn't perpetuate this practice... Ah yes,
    > lawyers so it must be fine-print!

    First we are not allows to specify a font size, and now we shouldn't
    even try to make different sized text at all? Maybe we should just
    have one font and one size for text and only use black and white for
    colors. And who the hell needs images, audio, or video. And Flash...
    well we need not even talk about the evils of that...
    Travis Newbury, Sep 25, 2009
  5. Astroboy

    John Hosking Guest

    On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 01:59:26 -0700 (PDT), Travis Newbury wrote:

    > On Sep 24, 11:09 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" wrote:
    >  >         font-size: 75%;
    >>                     ^^^
    >> ... and wish more deziner's wouldn't perpetuate this practice... Ah yes,
    >> lawyers so it must be fine-print!

    > First we are not allows to specify a font size, and now we shouldn't
    > even try to make different sized text at all?

    At the risk of being heckled for not understanding your humorous sarcasm, I
    have to speak up in agreement with Jonathan. The 75% declaration was in the
    ruleset for *body*, so the whole thing is starting off 1/4 too small.

    But since you snipped the body selector, I have to guess you're
    intentionally pretending to misunderstand or to refute Jonathan's argument
    with tongue in cheek. Er, right?

    --
    John
    Better yours than mine.
    John Hosking, Sep 25, 2009

    **** off asshole
    Travis Newbury, Sep 25, 2009
  7. Sherm Pendley wrote:
    > Travis Newbury <> writes:

    >> Maybe we should just
    >> have one font and one size for text and only use black and white for
    >> colors. And who the hell needs images, audio, or video. And Flash...
    >> well we need not even talk about the evils of that...

    > WTF are you babbling about? No one suggested anything even remotely
    > close to that. Grow up.

    It is a long and ongoing difference of web design philosophy...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 25, 2009
  8. Astroboy

    dorayme Guest

    In article <h9j4fj$qsn$-september.org>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > Sherm Pendley wrote:
    > > Travis Newbury <> writes:

    > >> Maybe we should just
    > >> have one font and one size for text and only use black and white for
    > >> colors. And who the hell needs images, audio, or video. And Flash...
    > >> well we need not even talk about the evils of that...

    > > WTF are you babbling about? No one suggested anything even remotely
    > > close to that. Grow up.

    > It is a long and ongoing difference of web design philosophy...

    I suppose the idea of body: font-size: 75%; *could* be elevated to the
    idea of a difference in philosophy. Usually there must be some sort of
    intelligent or vaguely intellectual idea behind the difference. So I am
    not sure you are right Jonathan. But...

    What could be the idea?

    "We make websites that use the most advanced design techniques. We start
    with that nothing should be readable from the word go, nothing as a
    matter of principle! While this might seem counter-intuitive, it
    actually sets a very compelling tension as the curtain goes up. The
    audience is very nervous, agitated, they have come to read and not work
    too hard, what is in store for them?

    "The curtain goes up and there is an h1 {font-size: 150%} heading, all
    bold like and actually readable. A huge sigh of relief from the punters
    will be heard. They have been given a readable morsel, they are now
    *enormously grateful* and a few more crumbs of readability here and
    there and we have them in our grips! They will accept almost anything
    now.

    "They will buy anything you offer them now in this mesmerized state..."

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Sep 25, 2009
  9. Astroboy

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 25 Sep 2009, Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > On Sep 25, 11:45 am, Sherm Pendley <> wrote:
    >> WTF are you babbling about? No one suggested anything even remotely
    >> close to that. Grow up.

    > **** off asshole

    Hehe. Your light humor always gives me a chuckle in a dark way. But to
    get down to bras tax, Sherm and Jonathun are correct; you were just
    soapboxing for Flash or something.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    Neredbojias, Sep 26, 2009
  10. dorayme wrote:

    > "The curtain goes up and there is an h1 {font-size: 150%} heading, all
    > bold like and actually readable. A huge sigh of relief from the punters
    > will be heard. They have been given a readable morsel, they are now
    > *enormously grateful* and a few more crumbs of readability here and
    > there and we have them in our grips! They will accept almost anything
    > now.
    >
    > "They will buy anything you offer them now in this mesmerized state..."

    And how will they know the price when it looks like
    ........... .... ..... ........ ...... .... ....... ......... ..... ..
    .......... ... ... .... ..... ..... ..... ..... .. .... ..... .... ...
    ... ..... .... ..... ..... ...... ...... ....... .... . ... .. . .. ..

    Oh, maybe that is the strategy!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 26, 2009
  11. Astroboy

    dorayme Guest

    In article <h9jq8j$7i4$-september.org>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    > > "The curtain goes up and there is an h1 {font-size: 150%} heading, all
    > > bold like and actually readable. A huge sigh of relief from the punters
    > > will be heard. They have been given a readable morsel, they are now
    > > *enormously grateful* and a few more crumbs of readability here and
    > > there and we have them in our grips! They will accept almost anything
    > > now.
    > >
    > > "They will buy anything you offer them now in this mesmerized state..."
    > >

    > And how will they know the price when it looks like
    > .......... .... ..... ........ ...... .... ....... ......... ..... ..
    > ......... ... ... .... ..... ..... ..... ..... .. .... ..... .... ...
    > .. ..... .... ..... ..... ...... ...... ....... .... . ... .. . .. ..
    >
    > Oh, maybe that is the strategy!

    Or that if there is anything they can read, they are too grateful and
    shocked and suckers for anything... the price would be 200% <g>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Sep 26, 2009
  12. Astroboy

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>, Ed Mullen <>
    wrote:

    > Make them too expensive and women won't wear them! I like it!

    Do me a favour Ed, next time you are hurdling, leave your pants and jock
    strap at the start line, and then make a choice: proceed carefully and
    lose the race or go for it and lose your balls.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Sep 26, 2009
  13. Astroboy

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>, Ed Mullen <>
    wrote:

    > However, there will be no more hurdling in my life. 40+ years ago I got
    > a varsity letter in cross country in high school. I figure I've about
    > run as much as I gonna in one lifetime.

    There's always the Senior's Olympics, old sport. While you are
    investigating it, tell the webmaster for

    <http://www.2009seniorgames.org/>

    that it is a poor show to let a float drop at so wide a browser...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Sep 26, 2009
  14. Astroboy

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>, Ed Mullen <>
    wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article<>, Ed Mullen<>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> Make them too expensive and women won't wear them! I like it!

    > > Do me a favour Ed, next time you are hurdling, leave your pants and jock
    > > strap at the start line, and then make a choice: proceed carefully and
    > > lose the race or go for it and lose your balls.
    > >

    > By the way, as a Martian of the opposite sex,

    The beings from the planet I come from are sexless. Sexy maybe, but
    having a sex, no. While not nothings, they are things.

    > I meant to ask you
    > something. ... boob ...

    I don't know, here boobs are tits, we keep it simple.

    > > While you are
    > > investigating it, tell the webmaster for
    > >
    > > <http://www.2009seniorgames.org/>
    > >
    > > that it is a poor show to let a float drop at so wide a browser...
    > >

    > Hmm. Looks good to me here. Not sure what you're referring to without
    > diving into the markup.

    Just make your browser narrower."at so wide as" refers to a reasonable
    width like 800px.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Sep 26, 2009
  15. Astroboy

    Peter Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article<>, Ed Mullen<>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> Make them too expensive and women won't wear them! I like it!

    > > Do me a favour Ed, next time you are hurdling, leave your pants and jock
    > > strap at the start line, and then make a choice: proceed carefully and
    > > lose the race or go for it and lose your balls.
    > >

    > By the way, as a Martian of the opposite sex, I meant to ask you
    > something. I was having a discussion with a female (human) friend of
    > mine the other day about language and idiom, particularly in the USA
    > regionally.
    >
    > The topic was boobs. I called someone a boob and then said: "Well,
    > that is much too kind a word to use to describe him. I mean, boob is a
    > good thing!"
    >
    > To which she replied (I'm from Pennsylvania she's from Texas
    > originally): "Well, I always heard it as "boobie."
    >
    > So I got to thinking, is "boob" or "boobie" used in other countries? I
    > mean, slang and idiom can be so different from culture to culture. Just
    > curious.

    A boob in UK can mean mistake. "I've made a bit of a boob!". Boob is
    also a shortened Boobie, or breast. And Boobie is obviously a bird. To
    describe someone as a boob, although I've heard it, is quite rare over
    here.

    --
    Pete Ives
    Peter, Sep 26, 2009
  16. Astroboy

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Peter <> wrote:

    > A boob in UK can mean mistake. "I've made a bit of a boob!". Boob is
    > also a shortened Boobie, or breast. And Boobie is obviously a bird. To
    > describe someone as a boob, although I've heard it, is quite rare over
    > here.

    It is like that here really. I was not attending closely and wished to
    pass over the subject. I was mildly entertained by the idea of Ed
    Mullen, without the useful male harness, having trouble as he leapt at
    speed over the sharpish edges of an athletic hurdle stand.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Sep 26, 2009
  17. Astroboy

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 25 Sep 2009, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >> On 25 Sep 2009, Travis Newbury<> wrote:

    >>> **** off asshole

    >> Hehe. Your light humor always gives me a chuckle in a dark way.
    >> But to get down to bras tax,

    > bras tax? Obama's imposed a new tax on bras? Ok, now there's a good
    > idea! Make them too expensive and women won't wear them! I like it!

    It's just an expression meaning "to get down to the bare facts". I'm a
    crotch-man, myself, but, disappointingly, there ain't no expression
    like "to get down to panty tax". Of course, one could always try to
    popularize a new idiom but I'm afraid the idiots of the world just
    wouldn't get it (-like they're getting anything now...) Anyway, I was
    simply meaning to put Travis' tantrum to rights with a response of calm
    beneficence.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    Neredbojias, Sep 26, 2009
  18. Astroboy

    Doug Miller Guest

    In article <>, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    >On 25 Sep 2009, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    >
    >> Neredbojias wrote:

    >>> Hehe. Your light humor always gives me a chuckle in a dark way.
    >>> But to get down to bras tax,

    >> bras tax? Obama's imposed a new tax on bras? Ok, now there's a good
    >> idea! Make them too expensive and women won't wear them! I like it!

    >It's just an expression meaning "to get down to the bare facts".

    "Brass tacks"
    Doug Miller, Sep 27, 2009
  19. Astroboy

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 27 Sep 2009, (Doug Miller) wrote:

    >>> bras tax? Obama's imposed a new tax on bras? Ok, now there's a
    >>> good idea! Make them too expensive and women won't wear them! I
    >>> like it!

    >>It's just an expression meaning "to get down to the bare facts".

    > "Brass tacks"

    And "brass tacks" to you, fine sir! My grandfather used to say, "If
    ass cracks were brass tacks it would be a much shinier world."

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    Neredbojias, Sep 29, 2009