    What would you recommend?

    --
    tym, Eskimo

    Eskimo, Jan 6, 2005

  2. Change the name localhost to something more meaningfull and then try with
    that new name...
    Hths...
    P.S : If this post helped you, pls click Yes on top of this post. Thanks
    R. Thomas

    R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Eskimo

    Eskimo Guest

    RE: why does my webservice web reference not work in aspx project?

    I already tried that.

    It was a namespace issue.
    Which points out the IDE's alphabetic dependency in solution explorer
    causing an issue upon compile.

    Yes, I looked at project build order. No, it did not help either.

    Eskimo, Jan 7, 2005
  4. RE: why does my webservice web reference not work in aspx project?

    So whats your status now?
    R. Thomas

    R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net, Jan 7, 2005
  5. Eskimo

    Eskimo Guest

    RE: why does my webservice web reference not work in aspx project?

    It was a namespace issue. I fixed it.

    Eskimo, Jan 7, 2005
  6. RE: why does my webservice web reference not work in aspx project?

    oh good...
    can u pls close close this tread by clicking 'Yes' on top and writing down
    you solution so that others can get help too...
    Thanks..
    R. Thomas

    R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net, Jan 8, 2005
  7. Eskimo

    Eskimo Guest

    RE: why does my webservice web reference not work in aspx project?

    TODO: namespaces should reflect the context you're in :)

    i.e.

    ESKIMO.PIE.WEBPAGES
    ESKIMO.PIE.DAL
    ESKIMO.PIE.BLL
    ESKIMO.PIE.UIL

    versus

    ESKIMO.PIE.CHOCOLATE <database namespace> in dll
    ESKIMO.PIE.CHOCOLATE <webpage namespace> in web service project

    Eskimo, Feb 15, 2005
  8. Eskimo

    william Guest

    RE: why does my webservice web reference not work in aspx project?

    Hi,

    I have same issue as you had. I'm not quite understand your solution. Could
    you give me more in details?
    Here is my senario:
    1. my web service was developed in VS2005 in C# as web site,
    [WebService(Namespace = "http://www.CompanyName.com/")]
    public class Login : System.Web.Services.WebService {
    ....}
    2. I deployed it on my local XP machine as virtual directory "TestWebService".
    3. I created a test web application by File>New>Web Site>ASP.NET Web Site,
    name it TestWebSite.
    4. I added web reference from my web test application which is in VS2005 C#,
    renamed the reference name to "TestLoginServ".
    5. Added a button on the Default.aspx, and in button1_click event, tried to
    use TestLoginServ.Login class, failed.

    What should I do for namespace?

    Thanks.
    William