why does simple aspx hang FOREVER

Amil Hanish

I'm having an issue on IIS 6 on Windows 2003 Server. The following simple
file hangs the client forever (I quite waiting after about five minutes).
No error in IIS error file or IIS log file. The website has no traffic
except my testing.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<form method="post" runat="server"></form>
</HTML>

If I remove the runat="server", then it executes fine. This doesn't seem to
be an issue if my ZoneAlarm firewall is off. How can I determine what is
going on behind the scenes that would be hanging IIS/asp.net forever?

Amil

mortb

Is the server serving any other .aspx files successfully?
Does this page have a code behind?
Where is <@ page .. > dierctive