Why does table blink in IE?

Namdoog

I'm generating a chessboard display as a plain html table - no java,
etc. Works fine with a recent Mozilla, but looks terrible during
table updates with IE 6.0

I've tried following auto validator advice to no avail, so I'm fishing
for suggestions.

Apparently, IE erases the page, receives some table data, displays
part of the table, then adjusts it as more data comes in - looks fine
when done. What Mozilla seems to do is wait for the table to be
competely formatted, then updates the display without erasing the
page.

Is this just a browser config issue, instead of an html problem?

Incidentally, an example is at
http://finefellow.com/cgi-bin/gameview.py?f=Therrell-Goodman-QoH-1980.pgn

Michael Weber

Hi Namdoog,

[16 Sep 2003 12:04:08 -0700/Namdoog]
I'm generating a chessboard display as a plain html table - no java,
etc. Works fine with a recent Mozilla, but looks terrible during
table updates with IE 6.0

I've tried following auto validator advice to no avail, so I'm fishing
for suggestions.

Apparently, IE erases the page, receives some table data, displays
part of the table, then adjusts it as more data comes in - looks fine
when done. What Mozilla seems to do is wait for the table to be
competely formatted, then updates the display without erasing the
page.

Is this just a browser config issue, instead of an html problem?

Refresh thing. IE does not download & display multiple pics at the
same time like Opera or Netscape; it loads one after another.

regs
michael

Sid Ismail

On 16 Sep 2003 12:04:08 -0700, (e-mail address removed) (Namdoog) wrote:

: Apparently, IE erases the page, receives some table data, displays
: part of the table, then adjusts it as more data comes in - looks fine
: when done.

Did you set widths - for table and all td tags?

Sid

Guest

Ouch! Sounds fatal.

Thanks,