    Is this just a browser config issue, instead of an html problem?

    Incidentally, an example is at
    http://finefellow.com/cgi-bin/gameview.py?f=Therrell-Goodman-QoH-1980.pgn

    Namdoog, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Hi Namdoog,

    [16 Sep 2003 12:04:08 -0700/Namdoog]
    > I'm generating a chessboard display as a plain html table - no java,
    > etc. Works fine with a recent Mozilla, but looks terrible during
    > table updates with IE 6.0
    >
    > I've tried following auto validator advice to no avail, so I'm fishing
    > for suggestions.
    >
    > Apparently, IE erases the page, receives some table data, displays
    > part of the table, then adjusts it as more data comes in - looks fine
    > when done. What Mozilla seems to do is wait for the table to be
    > competely formatted, then updates the display without erasing the
    > page.
    >
    > Is this just a browser config issue, instead of an html problem?

    Refresh thing. IE does not download & display multiple pics at the
    same time like Opera or Netscape; it loads one after another.

    regs
    michael

    Michael Weber, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Namdoog

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On 16 Sep 2003 12:04:08 -0700, (Namdoog) wrote:

    : Apparently, IE erases the page, receives some table data, displays
    : part of the table, then adjusts it as more data comes in - looks fine
    : when done.

    Did you set widths - for table and all td tags?

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Sep 16, 2003
  4. Namdoog

    Guest

    Yes, I set widths for all <table> and <td> tags. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Ken

    On 16-Sep-2003, Sid Ismail <> wrote:

    > From: Sid Ismail <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.html
    > Subject: Re: Why does table blink in IE?
    > Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:58:35 +0200
    >
    > On 16 Sep 2003 12:04:08 -0700, (Namdoog) wrote:
    >
    > : Apparently, IE erases the page, receives some table data, displays
    > : part of the table, then adjusts it as more data comes in - looks fine
    > : when done.
    >

    > Did you set widths - for table and all td tags?
    >
    > Sid

    , Sep 17, 2003
  5. Namdoog

    Guest

    Ouch! Sounds fatal.

    Thanks,

    Ken

    On 16-Sep-2003, Michael Weber <> wrote:

    > Hi Namdoog,
    >
    > [16 Sep 2003 12:04:08 -0700/Namdoog]
    > > I'm generating a chessboard display as a plain html table - no java,
    > > etc. Works fine with a recent Mozilla, but looks terrible during
    > > table updates with IE 6.0
    > >
    > > I've tried following auto validator advice to no avail, so I'm fishing
    > > for suggestions.
    > >
    > > Apparently, IE erases the page, receives some table data, displays
    > > part of the table, then adjusts it as more data comes in - looks fine
    > > when done. What Mozilla seems to do is wait for the table to be
    > > competely formatted, then updates the display without erasing the
    > > page.
    > >
    > > Is this just a browser config issue, instead of an html problem?

    > Refresh thing. IE does not download & display multiple pics at the
    > same time like Opera or Netscape; it loads one after another.
    >

    > regs
    > michael

    , Sep 17, 2003