why does the form id get renamed

Abraham Luna

i have a master page with this code in it:

<%@ Master %>
<head>
<title>Web App</title>
</head>
<form id="frmMain" runat="server">
<asp:contentplaceholder id="cphMainContent" runat="server">Default
Content</asp:contentplaceholder>
</form>

and a content page with this code in it:

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="MasterPage.master" %>
<script language="c#" runat="server">

void Page_Load(Object Sender, EventArgs E)

</script>
<asp:content id="contentCustomerName" contentplaceholderid="cphMainContent"
runat="server">
<asp:TextBox ID="tbName" runat="server" />
</asp:content>

and this is the rendered html:

<head>
<title>Web App</title>
</head>
<form method="post" action="customers.aspx" id="aspnetForm">
<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" id="__VIEWSTATE"
value="/wEPDwUJNTkyOTExNDAwZGQPvWaSKqwRSSNIY3SFgXih+5aVbg==" />

<input name="ctl00$cphMainContent$tbName" type="text"
id="ctl00_cphMainContent_tbName" />

</form>

my first question is why did the form id get reset to aspnetForm?
and how can i get the rendered input id to be just tbName instead of
ctl00_cphMainContent_tbName

thank you