Why does this not work?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Richard, Feb 15, 2005.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    This totally confuses me.
    When I change the division "plmi" to "green" or "red", it highlights as
    desired.
    It makes no difference what I call it, it refuses to do the background
    color.
    Why?

    div.green {background:#0f0;}
    div.red {background:#F00;}
    div.plmi {baackground:#EFF;}

    ul {margin-left:5px; }
    ul li {margin:5px 0px; 10px 15px; padding-left;15px;}
    ul li li {margin:5px 0px; 10px 15px; padding-left;15px;}
    ul li li li {margin:5px 0px; 10px 15px; padding-left;15px;}

    <ul>
    <li>Click here to begin
    <ul>
    <ul>
    <ul>
    </ul>
    </li> <!-- End of Planes top -->
    </ul>
    </li> <!-- end of vehicles -->
    </ul>
    </li> <!-- end main menu -- >
    </ul>
    Richard, Feb 15, 2005

  2. Richard wrote:
    > This totally confuses me.
    > When I change the division "plmi" to "green" or "red", it highlights as
    > desired.
    > It makes no difference what I call it, it refuses to do the background
    > color.
    > Why?
    >

    > div.green {background:#0f0;}
    > div.red {background:#F00;}
    > div.plmi {baackground:#EFF;}

    "Baackground?" You should feel sheepish about your spelling mistake.

    --
    My wives and I support traditional marriage.
    Harlan Messinger, Feb 15, 2005

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 00:14:07 -0500 Harlan Messinger wrote:

    > Richard wrote:
    >> This totally confuses me.
    >> When I change the division "plmi" to "green" or "red", it highlights
    >> as
    >> desired.
    >> It makes no difference what I call it, it refuses to do the background
    >> color.
    >> Why?

    >> div.green {background:#0f0;}
    >> div.red {background:#F00;}
    >> div.plmi {baackground:#EFF;}

    > "Baackground?" You should feel sheepish about your spelling mistake.

    You are ever so right.
    I must have looked at that a 100 times and just could not figure it out.
    <bangs head on wall>
    Richard, Feb 15, 2005
  4. Richard

    rf Guest

    "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote

    ["Baackground?"]

    > You are ever so right.
    > I must have looked at that a 100 times and just could not figure it out.

    Why didn't you just feed it to the validator. Would have taken you 15
    seconds, far far shorter then the hour and a half you wasted getting a reply
    here.
    rf, Feb 15, 2005
  5. Richard

    JDS Guest

    JDS, Feb 15, 2005
  6. In article <>, Richard (Anonymous@127.001)
    dropped a +5 bundle of words...

    > This totally confuses me.
    > When I change the division "plmi" to "green" or "red", it highlights as
    > desired.
    > It makes no difference what I call it, it refuses to do the background
    > color.
    > Why?
    >

    > div.green {background:#0f0;}
    > div.red {background:#F00;}