Why does this not work?

Richard

This totally confuses me.
When I change the division "plmi" to "green" or "red", it highlights as
desired.
It makes no difference what I call it, it refuses to do the background
color.
Why?

div.green {background:#0f0;}
div.red {background:#F00;}
div.plmi {baackground:#EFF;}

ul {margin-left:5px; }
ul li {margin:5px 0px; 10px 15px; padding-left;15px;}
ul li li {margin:5px 0px; 10px 15px; padding-left;15px;}
ul li li li {margin:5px 0px; 10px 15px; padding-left;15px;}

<ul>
<li>Click here to begin
<ul>
<ul>
<ul>
</ul>
</li> <!-- End of Planes top -->
</ul>
</li> <!-- end of vehicles -->
</ul>
</li> <!-- end main menu -- >
</ul>

Harlan Messinger

Richard said:
This totally confuses me.
When I change the division "plmi" to "green" or "red", it highlights as
desired.
It makes no difference what I call it, it refuses to do the background
color.
Why?

div.green {background:#0f0;}
div.red {background:#F00;}
div.plmi {baackground:#EFF;}

"Baackground?" You should feel sheepish about your spelling mistake.

Richard

"Baackground?" You should feel sheepish about your spelling mistake.

You are ever so right.
I must have looked at that a 100 times and just could not figure it out.
<bangs head on wall>

rf

["Baackground?"]
You are ever so right.
I must have looked at that a 100 times and just could not figure it out.

Why didn't you just feed it to the validator. Would have taken you 15
seconds, far far shorter then the hour and a half you wasted getting a reply
here.

Starshine Moonbeam

Richard ([email protected]) said:
This totally confuses me.
When I change the division "plmi" to "green" or "red", it highlights as
desired.
It makes no difference what I call it, it refuses to do the background
color.
Why?

div.green {background:#0f0;}
div.red {background:#F00;}