    on the site it works okay but not on my hard disk; I've had some help
    with this site before from this group and this is not really a problem
    but it is perplexing. Thanks

    thedarkman, Apr 6, 2009

  2. thedarkman

    rf Guest

    rf, Apr 6, 2009

  3. thedarkman

    Lars Eighner Guest

    In our last episode,
    <>, the
    lovely and talented thedarkman broadcast on alt.html:

    > The index page to the site http://www.ismichaelestoneguilty.info/
    > contains the following:

    Not found.

    ><H2><A href="m_s_ismichaelstoneguilty_site_index.html">Click
    > here</A> to enter site.</H2></CENTER>

    </CENTER>? Really? How quaint!

    > on the site it works okay but not on my hard disk; I've had some help
    > with this site before from this group and this is not really a problem
    > but it is perplexing. Thanks

    If the link occurs in a file that is in the same directory as
    m_s..._index.html it should work. filepaths and URLs are not really the
    same thing and this can lead to much confusion, but if you composed the
    current file and m_s_...index.html in the same directory, the relative URL
    should work. However, if you saved these files from the site, perhaps your
    browser added a BASE element. Check your source to see if it did. Then
    since the site seems to be down, the link will not work, because it is
    effectively <whatever is in BASE>/m_s_etc.

    --
    Lars Eighner <http://larseighner.com/>
    75 days since Rick Warren prayed over Bush's third term.

    Lars Eighner, Apr 6, 2009
  4. thedarkman

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,

    Small typo: http://www.ismichaelstoneguilty.info/

    > <H2><A href="m_s_ismichaelstoneguilty_site_index.html">Click
    > here</A> to enter site.</H2></CENTER>
    >
    > on the site it works okay but not on my hard disk; I've had some help
    > with this site before from this group and this is not really a problem
    > but it is perplexing. Thanks

    First, who helped you with this site from this newsgroup. Please name
    the individual now!

    Second, change

    href="m_s_ismichaelstoneguilty_site_index.html"

    by adding http://www.ismichaelstoneguilty.info/

    after your href=" and before

    dorayme, Apr 6, 2009
  5. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    On 6 Apr, 11:11, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    >  thedarkman <> wrote:
    > > The index page to the sitehttp://www.ismichaelestoneguilty.info/
    > > contains the following:

    > Small typo:http://www.ismichaelstoneguilty.info/
    >

    > > <H2><A href="m_s_ismichaelstoneguilty_site_index.html">Click
    > > here</A> to enter site.</H2></CENTER>

    > > on the site it works okay but not on my hard disk; I've had some help
    > > with this site before from this group and this is not really a problem
    > > but it is perplexing. Thanks

    > First, who helped you with this site from this newsgroup. Please name
    > the individual now!

    Thanks a lot guys, didn't have to add the full path; not quite sure
    what I did do eventually but it now works on my hard disk. Don't
    forget to sign the guestbook!

    thedarkman, Apr 6, 2009
  6. On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 10:17:38 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman
    <> wrote:

    >On 6 Apr, 11:11, dorayme <> wrote:
    >> In article
    >> <>,
    >>
    >>  thedarkman <> wrote:
    >> > The index page to the sitehttp://www.ismichaelestoneguilty.info/
    >> > contains the following:

    >> Small typo:http://www.ismichaelstoneguilty.info/
    >>

    >> > <H2><A href="m_s_ismichaelstoneguilty_site_index.html">Click
    >> > here</A> to enter site.</H2></CENTER>

    >> > on the site it works okay but not on my hard disk; I've had some help
    >> > with this site before from this group and this is not really a problem
    >> > but it is perplexing. Thanks

    >> First, who helped you with this site from this newsgroup. Please name
    >> the individual now!

    >Thanks a lot guys, didn't have to add the full path; not quite sure
    >what I did do eventually but it now works on my hard disk. Don't
    >forget to sign the guestbook!

    How can we sign your guestbook ? by going on http://www.microsoft.com
    ? :)

    Raymond Schmit, Apr 6, 2009