Why does Visual Studio always checkout files when looking Web User Control in design mode?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Eric Mamet, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Eric Mamet

    Eric Mamet Guest

    Everytime I try to look at a web user control in design mode, Visual
    Studio prompts me for checking out the file from Visual Source Safe.

    Apparently, it just shuffles around the first three lines of code in
    the ascx file

    Original is

    <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="LogonMessageDisplay"
    Src="../../Controls/LogonMessageDisplay.ascx" %>
    <%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Codebehind="UserAdmin.ascx.vb"
    Inherits="uk.gov.defra.Amls.Secure.UserAdmin"
    TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="AMLS2" TagName="BannerMessageDisplay"
    Src="/Controls/BannerMessageDisplay.ascx" %>

    and is re-ordered as

    <%@ Register TagPrefix="AMLS2" TagName="BannerMessageDisplay"
    Src="/Controls/BannerMessageDisplay.ascx" %>
    <%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Codebehind="UserAdmin.ascx.vb"
    Inherits="uk.gov.defra.Amls.Secure.UserAdmin"
    TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="LogonMessageDisplay"
    Src="../../Controls/LogonMessageDisplay.ascx" %>

    I have checked each line and they are identical, just re-ordered...

    I am a .Net newbie joining an existing project and I thought my
    environment had something wrong but other developers complain about
    the same problem.

    Thanks for your help

    Eric mamet
    Eric Mamet, Jan 30, 2004