Why does web.config get updated?

Frank Rizzo

I have a solution with a web service as the starting project. The web
service references other projects in the solution, which in turn access
other assemblies (some of which are in the GAC). When I run, VS2005
stuffs a bunch of assemblies (that are 2 or 3 levels removed from the
web service) into into web.config into the
configuration/compilation/assemblies.

This is really annoying. How can I turn it off?

Thanks.

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Frank,

If I understood you correctly, u are uusing the Website solution instead
of Web project one. And in WebSite solution all references are stored in
web.config, not in the reference folder as in the normal project

To solve this u need to convert your website to webproject

---
WBR,