Why does XMLHTTP strip the period from beginning of my lines?

Ken Fine

I'm using XMLHTTP to perform a simple screen scraping job.
When I try to have it "scrape" lines with embeded CSS declarations, it
renders them incorrectly, stripping the leading period. Consequently, my CSS
doesn't work.

Can anyone help? Any workaround?

Here's how I'm calling it, but I don't think my implementation is the
problem.

Dim srvXmlHttp
Set srvXmlHttp = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
srvXmlHttp.open "GET", TearURL, false
srvXmlHttp.send()
If srvXmlHttp.status <> 200 Then
Response.Write "No Server Response"
Response.End
End If
Dim strRetval5
strRetval5 = srvXmlHttp.responseText

Thanks in advance.

Ray at

Can you post an example of a site that you're scraping? The response should
just come back as a string of characters, periods included.

Ray at work

Ken Fine

My bad, folks. XMLHTTP does not appear to be the source of the problem.
CDONTS is stripping this information for one reason or another - the Fates
are punishing me for continuing to use this deprecated component.

I tried another mail component and it worked fine.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Ray.

-KF

RomeoFarnh