why doesn't have this list a "reply-to" ?

Dick Crepeau

It seems to me the original question was how can I reply to a posted
message.

I'm new here and see that while there are replies to several messages,
many times, like with this note, the issue is brought up as if it is new.

I don't know how to do a reply, can someone tell me how? This note was
sent to: (e-mail address removed) with the subject copied from an earlier
note.

No need to discuss the politics of the choice.

Dick C

Ben Finney

Dick Crepeau said:
It seems to me the original question was how can I reply to a posted
message.

By choosing whether you want to "reply to the author", or "reply to
the list". (Every message from the mailing list automatically provides
the correct infromation to make both options work correctly.) Then
invoking the appropriate function in your mail user program.

If your mail program has only "reply", then that's likely "reply to
the author". You need to find out how your mail program implements
"reply to the list", or pressure your provider if it's not implemented
at all.