    I have trouble believing out of the 75,251,256 sites surveyed that only
    423 are running Apache Tomcat.
    , Jan 27, 2006

  2. im Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 06:25:46 -0800, timjowers wrote:

    > Netcraft shows only 423 sites running Apache Tomcat versus 50,502,840
    > running Apache and 15,208,775 runninig IIS. When I searched my site
    > which runs Tomcat 5 Netcraft was unable to determine the type. Anybody
    > know what is the deal here?

    Many Tomcat servers run behind Apache front ends. Also, a default Tomcat
    configuration identifies itself as Coyote (the http connector), in
    the Server header.

    Imre
    im, Jan 27, 2006

  3. Bruce Lewis Guest

    writes:

    > I have trouble believing out of the 75,251,256 sites surveyed that only
    > 423 are running Apache Tomcat.

    I would guess that's tomcat standalone. More people running standalone
    Java-based servers choose Resin, AOLserver, WebLogic, Jetty or JRun.
    (The site in my sig runs Jetty.) Tomcat/Jetty/etc using mod_jk with the
    Apache web server are likely counted as Apache.

    --

    http://ourdoings.com/ Easily organize and disseminate news and
    photos for your family or group.
    Bruce Lewis, Jan 27, 2006

    Thanks, I should have looked at the headers. What I was after is how
    many run Tomcat v WebLogic v WebSphere v JBoss and I think this is the
    measurement then:

    Apache 50,502,840
    IIS 15,208,775
    Sun-ONE-Web-Server 1,551,930
    Tomcat 184,044 + % (Apache-Coyote 183621,
    Tomcat 423)
    Resin 69,736
    WebLogic 13,601
    Jetty 7,973
    JRun 7,905
    WebSphere 6,671
    %: What % of Apache sites have mod_jk?

    Of course like mentioned WebLogic may also be behind Apache such as
    my previous project where they did this for reverse DNS and for single
    sign-on. Not sure about JBoss, Geronimo, JoNAS but looks like Open
    Source still dominates for Web Sites (but not sure about Web Traffic or
    App Servers).

    TimJowers
    , Jan 27, 2006