Why doesn't try..catch work on my web page?

Kevin Spencer

Sloppy quoting Kevin - if you are going to quote yourself, please do it
accurately. Changing your quote from "All Exceptions are of type
Exception" (incorrect) to "All Exceptions inherit Exception" (maybe
correct) doesn't help your argument.

Sorry Rob. The 2 phrases are equivalent. And there's no maybe about it. All
Exceptions DO inherit Exception.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Kevin Spencer

I'm with Kevin on this one...specifying System.Exception because maybe
Whoa, hey, I didn't say that. I said that I didn't have to mention the
namespace IN MY MESSAGE, as it was implied. For example, people often refer
in their messages to the "Page" class, rather than "System.Web.UI.Page."

In code, it is often necessary to use full or partial namespaces when you
have assemblies containing classes or namespaces having the same name in the
same project. Rob is correct here.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer